recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Flash Harry

Now that is interesting. Thanks 64G
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

T.C. Elliott

Add another thanks to the list. I hadn't seen that and already see a possible addition or three. Of course, I already need to go through and thin out the herd. *sigh*
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

So another hour of reading about plug ins. Instead of being more focused I just have more work to do. But in the long run that's a good thing, I suppose. That's another seven or eight I need to try out.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

seriousfun

If you are after good quality VSTI's then you simply cant go past the free version of Kontact. IMHO it should reside in everyones arsenal of tricks. It comes with a ton of free instruments nicely grouped into band instruments, syths, orchestral etc....

And as these intsruments are all part of their more comprehensive comercial packs ( read sample packs ) you can be assured that the quality is there.

T.C. Elliott

I've (finally) started a favorites folder.

I've found that lately I have a couple of go to plug ins.

Headcrusher - compressor for drums and bass. It really brings out the bass without being too boomy.

Mcompressor - straight forward compressor

MJUCjr - Klanghelm compressor, pretty transparent and, with basically two dials, easy to use. Not for surgical compression, but a good one to use in a hurry.
I still use the stock ReaEQ more than any other, although I've gotten some more EQ plugins to try.

Transient by Audio Assault - for bringing out the high end. If my cymbals are dull and get slightly more dull with the headcrusher I'll add the Transient to bring back some sparkle.

The Tokyo Feedback Compressor seems to be good. I seldom use it, but when I have trouble with other compressors I tend to use it as a last resort. Not sure why.

And the best part are these are all free plugins.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper