Update On The Update....!

Started by Captain Pugwash, November 30, 2014, 10:45:11 PM

I recently updated my original Micro BR with Firmware version 1.04 thanks to much help from 64Guitars which I am very grateful for.

The reason for updating was to hopefully fix the 'Card read error' that I was getting while playing MP3 backing tracks. This would occur randomly - sometimes a song would play all the way through but on other occasions and for no apparent reason it would play through until the last few seconds before the end and then stop.

The Card is a Transcend 1gb and I had read on the forum that the update can sometimes fix card read errors with these cards.

With the update installed I formatted the card in both my PC and the BR then loaded the MP3's onto the card. Bugger me if I didn't get the same problem! Not to be beaten, I tried a Sandisk 2gb card, freshly formatted and still had the same problem.

Further reading on the forum provided a glimmer of hope in the form of a post which said that importing the MP3's into Audacity and then exporting them at 44.1KH / 128 kbps had helped resolve the same problem.

So I tried this and it seems to have worked a treat - both the transcend and sandisk cards are now working fine on both mains and battery power. Audacity seems to work wonders and I can now play my backing tracks with no card errors whatsoever!

Of course it could be a combination of the upgrade to version 1.04 and Audacity...

If anything changes re the errors I will let you know!

Thanks for all the help guys - Enjoy creating!!  :)