Black Saturday? Strato-G.A.S!!!!

Started by Gnasty, November 30, 2014, 10:16:46 AM

Gnasty

Hey all,

After my last 2 recordings i got really sick with sinusitis making life miserable for me the last month, still getting over it, but a friend set me up with a jam in January with a few guys that seem to play a lot of blues and they need a lead guitar player. I don`t have a strat so i went on Kijiji (similar to Ebay here) and saw the strat i wanted to buy the last couple years for 40% the cost brand new. American Deluxe HSS. I double and triple checked if this was a joke.

I called the guy the next morning and he said there was nothing wrong with it.It`s a 2010 American Deluxe Strat HSS. I immediately said i`m on my way but i had to go to Niagara Falls which wasn`t a big deal. It`s exactly an hour from me.
So when i got there, i pulled up to a condemned looking house. It had no upkeep and the wooden ramp leading to the house was falling apart(as the house was too). Garbage on the front porch eaten by raccoons. I was like damn this has to be a joke..lol
I knocked on the door with aroma of weed spewing out right away and seeing a Grizzly Adams biker looking guy answer and say come in. He had the guitar in the front entrance which i was happy because i didn`t want to see the inside. I opened up the case and checked it out. Not one scratch or nick. He also had a little amp for me to play it there so i did and i played it for about 15 seconds, gave him the money and left. He was actually a really nice guy and i didn`t lowball him because i`m sure he`s in financial trouble.
So this guitar brand new here is just over $2000 canadian with tax, and i gave him $850 cash.

Sorry about the long story but i found it humorous though. So here it is. It needs my gauge of strings and a setup but it`s playable now.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Gnasty

Oh yeah i also got the case and strap locks and strap too. Just have to buy a whammy for it  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

danieldesete

Love the story and the dark sunburst, well done brave man !
hou hou ha ha

Farrell Jackson

Nice looking Strat Gnasty and quite a story! Why do those whammy bars always seem to get lost? It must be because folks pull them off when they put the guitars in the case. Then they somehow lose or misplace them along the way. Nice grab!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Burtog

Nice looking guitar, I have had GAS for a strat myself for quite a while now, you're not making the GAS any better!
recorder
Boss BR-800

T.C. Elliott

sweet guitar, that would give me GAS, too..... if I hadn't just bought a new cheapie to satisfy my guitar lust for the time being.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ... I do not have gas ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Thats the shit man, and with the humbucker in the 3rd position.......the shit man.......dream blues guitar if I ever saw it......you get the thick darker bucker sound, the quacky in-between sound of the first-second pick-up, the trebly screem of the first pickup..........light and feels so good.  I love the feel of a strat in my hands.......love it........this is a fantastic deal....probably stolen goods, but hey, who cares.....its yours now..........beauty............Rory Gallagher blues........fantastic guitar.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

peterp

Nice, you got the full kit that comes in the box with the strat when you buy it new!

When you go looking for one, the whammy bar is a pop in, not a screw in on the dlx strats.

Quote from: Gnasty on November 30, 2014, 10:18:44 AMOh yeah i also got the case and strap locks and strap too. Just have to buy a whammy for it  :)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Gnasty

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 30, 2014, 12:03:54 PMWhy do those whammy bars always seem to get lost? It must be because folks pull them off when they put the guitars in the case. Then they somehow lose or misplace them along the way.

Yeah i have no idea how they lose them whammys but i`m a capo or slide loser. lol

Yes thanks Pete. I think he told me it was a pop in but thanks for reminding me  :)

I also remember he told me the name of his band and i found it on reverbnation. If you look at the
photos it`s the guy who sold me the guitar but a bit more cleaned up. Sounds like he`s real good on the hammond.

https://www.reverbnation.com/bigbadboogieband

Damn i love this guitar!! I know now it`s not stolen goods.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity