Chill with Debussy

Started by Ferryman, March 30, 2009, 05:33:39 PM

Oldrottenhead

Quotegreat stuff Nigel.snowflakes sure are dancing here.
tony as meatloaf said "you took the words right out of my mouth.

think one o the kaosillators are going on my list to santa
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Quote from: oldrottenhead on April 01, 2009, 10:18:18 AMthink one o the kaosillators are going on my list to santa

Well, Santa brung it for me, no reason he shouldn't do the same for you.....provided you're a good boy :D

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

jkevinwolfe

Nigel,

I put pieces of drafting tape over top of my Kaossilator pad and mark out a KB on the tape with a pen. Then I play it with a PDA stylus. A lot of work but you can play precisely.

Kevin

Ferryman

Quote from: jkevinwolfe on April 19, 2009, 12:54:04 AMI put pieces of drafting tape over top of my Kaossilator pad and mark out a KB on the tape with a pen. Then I play it with a PDA stylus. A lot of work but you can play precisely.

Now that's a good idea. Do you mean something like Frisket masking film? I have some of that and it's fairly low tack, I wouldn't want to stick anything too adhesive to the Kaossilator. I use a plectrum quite a lot but a PDA stylus is a really good idea.

Also, do you have different maps for the diffferent keys? I use quite a lot of different ones.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

You said plectrum!  8) Nice smooth flow - I'll be whistling the theramin part for a while... I'm new here, so it's tough to dig into anything more than a couple weeks old - glad it resurfaced because it's brand new to me. I've seen that with some other posts, which is nice.

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Quote from: jkevinwolfe on April 19, 2009, 12:54:04 AMNigel,

I put pieces of drafting tape over top of my Kaossilator pad and mark out a KB on the tape with a pen. Then I play it with a PDA stylus. A lot of work but you can play precisely.

Kevin
I find I am using a plastic thumb pick (on my thumb) so far with my kaossilator and so far I like the control I get.  What is a PDA stylus?  It is tricky to play precisely I find.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

A PDA stylus is the little plastic pen-like thing you get with some of the smaller handheld computer consoles or personal organisers. You'll probably get slightly more precise control with that than with a pelctrum or thumb pick. I'm going to give it a try.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Flawless, Ambient and awesome!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

dragonshade

Sounds WICKED cool Nigel. Underlying funky, yet modern beat/melody. But DAMN I love that way that bass lays in. Is that you playing?

Such a good chill out.

Ferryman

Quote from: dragonshade on April 19, 2009, 03:25:22 PMSounds WICKED cool Nigel. Underlying funky, yet modern beat/melody. But DAMN I love that way that bass lays in. Is that you playing?

Such a good chill out.

Thanks Ray! It's all Kaossilator, the deep bass is just a simple single note bass sound played very low. Just adds some deep bottom end (it only really comes out on good quality sound gear though)

Cjheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR