GAS has done struck again.

Started by T.C. Elliott, November 28, 2014, 07:26:50 PM

T.C. Elliott

I went and got one of these on line the other day. They have one today only for 129.99 plus shipping. I'd recommend it if you want a budget guitar with lots of potential. But I'm probably gonna upgrade the pups and I'll have to re-slot the nut... or rather get a new one, as the bass E is too close to the edge of the guitar. Overall, a good value for under 200 bucks US.

http://www.hardluckkings.com/store/categories/Electric-Guitars/

Isn't she pretty?

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Congrats. Thought it was a G&L at first. How is she sounding?

Blooby

bruno

Looks a very nice guitar. Indeed a very pretty guitar - cant wait to see how its sounds :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

T.C. Elliott

She sounds okay. The bridge PUP was raised so high, close to the strings, that you couldn't get a clean sound on the bass E. I backed the whole pup off and then the bass side a hair more and it's much better. I didn't mess with the neck PUP but it looks like it should be raised just a bit. Volume wise it's lower than the bridge, but that's somewhat normal in tele styles, I gather.

This is my first tele-style guitar. I do like the neck, it's similar my Fender MIM Strat (although the neck shape isn't standard I've found) but a hair different. It's a bit narrower and has a more flat back with more rounded edges. Feels good at any rate. I think with another set of PUPs, a new nut and a decent set up by someone better at them than me, this will end up being my favorite guitar. As it stands it sure is fun. A little heavier than I'd like, but still lighter than a Gibson by a long shot.

I only paid 149 plus shipping for this thing brand new. I had the opportunity to try out some squier teles in the used shop and I liked them. But they were all 200+ used.

I'll have more sound reviews later. I've mainly used it through the BR 900 and haven't really used it through an amp to give it a full work out. Still breaking her in.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

kenny mac

Nice,some good deals on that site,I like the all black les paul,cool price as well.