Anyone else got one of these little Yamaha THR amps?

Started by AndyR, November 27, 2014, 12:00:16 PM

Gnasty

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

danieldesete

"I can't play it slow, I'm not good enough"   ;D ;D

thanks for the link, I enjoyed every second,

we should open a guitar faces thread...
hou hou ha ha

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: danieldesete on February 27, 2015, 02:05:38 AM"I can't play it slow, I'm not good enough"   ;D ;D

thanks for the link, I enjoyed every second,

we should open a guitar faces thread...

Yes great instructional and entertaining video of Satchel and the THR amp! It's has impressive tone and a huge sound for such a small amp. Ummmm...now I have GAS....

I'm not sure you would want to see my guitar face Daniel, it looks like I have bitten my tongue, lol!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Burtog

These amps look great, even the 5 model looks good, wish I had the cash.
recorder
Boss BR-800

AndyR

These two were done with the THR10C, both running through the Brit Blues model. Bit short on "guitar face", though, sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETspG7N1jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0uz01QOpc

The Les Paul's got new pickups since this was filmed, sounds/feels even better now :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Great vids Andy!! Great playing is more the words.

I`m so incredibly blown away by this amp. I bought a Bad Monkey overdrive pedal and using it with this amp makes my leads sound even warmer.
I brought my 10x on a ski trip last weekend and people were blown away by just the stereo sound of the mp3 aux for listening to tunes. A couple of people decided they were going to bring back their mp3 stereos like the beatz pill, just to buy one of these and they don`t even play guitar lol

I can`t wait to record with this thing but i`m so swamped and no time right now.  :(
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

AndyR

Cheers Gnasty :)

They're stunners these THRs, aren't they? I've just started recording with mine - OMIGOD!! :D

I've only put some rough tracks down, but wow! I'm using the headphone out into the line in on the desk. At first I thought it was a bit fizzy, but I found you want to turn the Guitar Output up on the THR, and then it sings.

And yeah, the sound on the mp3 aux - nice one. I even used it as the alternative speakers from my BR1600 when I was mixing Dancing Girl.

Have you tried it as USB speakers yet? I do all my listening on the laptop through it.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

I really want to hear my uke through one!!!!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Gnasty

Quote from: AndyR on March 14, 2015, 02:53:00 PMCheers Gnasty :)

They're stunners these THRs, aren't they? I've just started recording with mine - OMIGOD!! :D

I've only put some rough tracks down, but wow! I'm using the headphone out into the line in on the desk. At first I thought it was a bit fizzy, but I found you want to turn the Guitar Output up on the THR, and then it sings.

And yeah, the sound on the mp3 aux - nice one. I even used it as the alternative speakers from my BR1600 when I was mixing Dancing Girl.

Have you tried it as USB speakers yet? I do all my listening on the laptop through it.

Sorry it took so long to respond Andy. I got stuck in reality  :)

I just got around to recording something quick. I did a Satriani backing track doing the lead here.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=22922.0

This was done from headphones out into my Steinberg interface and into Cubase. I just used a little delay and chorus and my overdrive pedal. This thing really has that Marshall sound with great power. I`m still blown away.

I haven`t been playing it much but when i do it`s with the speakers and i get lost in myself playing it.
I can`t wait to start originals with it.

I haven`t tried the usb speaker thing yet but thanks for the info Andy!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity