14 Songs Covered by an 'Original' Snob (in Madagascar)

Started by Ted, November 19, 2014, 10:20:54 AM

Ted

Hey Crafters:

I mentioned that my MBR and I were going to Madagascar. Well, I'm here now.

Some of you might want to read about my musical efforts here. Here's the first of series I will be writing:

Quote from: http://bit.ly/1AipNqSI just try to be a journeyman bassist for once in my life, rather than my usual role: the prima donna creative director. I show up as prepared as I can be and play what I know, and wing it through the rest—happily playing for free beer.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Hilary

That's so cool Ted (and you look just like your Avatar) - I read the blog - bit disappointed there are no recordings. Sounds like you're on a great adventure!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

magic, i too want some audio too, and thank you for that fresh faced nick cave video.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Maybe we'll get some recordings from our next gig. Since I'm just a sideman, I avoid suggesting anything like that.

But I'll tell you that the guy in the photo on the far right is one of the best rock guitarists I've ever met. I hope to do some recording with him.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

T.C. Elliott

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

fantastic to see this adventure of yours, very interesting........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

When I first saw "Nancy Sinatra" I was excited but then I realized it wasn't the song by my favorite band "The Bottle Rockets" but rather the artist.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London