Black Still Water - Jemima's Kite

Started by Flash Harry, March 30, 2009, 08:56:59 AM

tafka

everyone seems to be commenting on the production of the "sound" of this.ignore the drums. just listen to the "human" music.
its captivating.the human input is spot on !

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

jackofall

Great, professional stuff again! You guys are too good!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Oldrottenhead

QuoteORH in the meantime had re-done it in the Jesus and Mary Chain stylee and I did a bit of bass over that, then I added guitars to the first and
well the jamc version is not this one as you can gather, but it's coming soon,
QuoteThere's a another new one coming soon - and having just heard an early mix of it, I really like how it's going. Bit more of a 60's-psych feel on that one
the new one i want to post now. but i need ok from other guys as is still a work in progress but i think it's so good i am reconsidering my whole belief system. ok i know pastafarianism doesn't stand up to other belief systems but its a bloody good song
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

holdempok

ok promise me one thing. all of us here get the fucking VIP passes right?
Why don't we do it on the road?

Wiley

Yes, different from your usual style.  But kind of eerie.  I liked it a lot. Great job as always.

Ferryman

Love it! A bit different and a real grower - I've played it a few times and really got into it. Very cleverly done - as Tony said, this is a lot about the vocals, great job ORH. But the groove is great, Flash you did a very nice Jah Wobble on the bass and it creates an almost dub feel to it. Could we hear a full dub remix? The guitar is clever as well - Greeny, this was most unexpected. You did a great job in keeping it subtle and laid back. I wasn't expecting slide after I heard the bass and drums.

A definite  8) 8) 8) from me! Interested to hear the JAMC version.....

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman_1957Flash you did a very nice Jah Wobble on the bass and it creates an almost dub feel to it. Could we hear a full dub remix?
A full dub remix - now there's a thought!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Great Googly Moogly this is lovely music!!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

I have not heard a song with as much 3D for years.... the layers sounded brilliant 8)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteA definite  Cool Cool Cool from me! Interested to hear the JAMC version.....
you wouldnt really, its me doing most of the guitar. my guitar playing in comparison to greeny's is like. cavemen painting or a 5 year olds crayon drawing compared to a monet or rembrandt.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann