A broken Promise

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, November 03, 2014, 02:02:09 PM

Hi all, 15-18 years ago I promised never to play live on stage again. However, this weekend I was invited play at  a colleagues testimonial gig where all proceeds would go to the hospice in the Weald where he spent his last days. How could I refuse? I promise you I was enjoying myself, I was very nervous after such a long break.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Good for you Willie - glad you enjoyed it :-)
Nice looking PRS as well, quilted maple top??? :-)

NB Willie - if you get the URL for the picture (right click on the picture link at the bottom of your post (image.jpg in blue above), with the mouse, if will say get or copy link - or something like that, and click with the image icon or the editor. It should produce the following - or simply type the following in your post, and the image will display)

[img width=792 height=594]http://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=22161.0;attach=24480[/img]

it will embed the image in the post - I'm sure that 64G would have written up a much better explaination than mine somewhere on this site  ;D It then will display as follows:

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

SharksDontSleep

And a passing resemblance to Bob Harris ;D

danieldesete

Quote from: Willie on November 03, 2014, 02:02:09 PM15-18 years ago I promised never to play live on stage again.
Why did you stop playing live Willie ?
hou hou ha ha

Farrell Jackson

I'm sure it was just like riding a bike Willie...once you do it you never forget. Now I'm wondering if you've got the bug to do it again? A good cause, like giving tribute to a lost friend, wins out over a promise any day...good for you Willie!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

Nice one Willie, I love playing live. I will do it til I can do it no more.

Now you've made the break, keep going, you know it's in your blood....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Cool !!! You can't stop now Willie ! And we demand a live recording next time !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

chapperz66

Great to see it.  It would be even better to hear it.  Surely someone recorded it?

Paul

Satchwood

That's SPLENDID in 3D TIME n Space, and FOREVER Captured now, and i love it... don't ever quite Willie
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)