Save Your Breath

Started by andy casson, November 01, 2014, 07:24:27 AM

andy casson

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

In extension hell, but managed to do this before the real chaos starts! Been dying to try the Tele Resonator out, and finally I have finished a song
Enjoy  :)

Save Your Breath
Andy Casson
1st November 2014
One mans smile is anothers pain
One mans reason is anothers blame

Save your breath I know these things (we live in a )
Broken Peace

One mans loss is anothers gain
One mans pride is anothers shame

Broken Peace
Save your coin like a miser king (we live in a)
Broken peace

One mans nightmare is anothers dream
One mans silence is anothers scream

Broken Peace
Save your coin like a miser king (we live in a)
Broken peace

http://www.reverbnation.com/andycasson/song/22156457-save-your-breath

bruno

Hiya Andy, you've been very quiet for quite some time. Good to have you back.
Love the vocal harmonies on this - almost has a chain-gang feel about it. Nice sparse arrangement. Great tune.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pine

Really good song Andy...loved it. Dark, brooding...i think Bruno nailed the vibe with his chain gang comment, especially with those hummed interlude sections.

The lyrics in here were wonderful...ace writing mate! I liked the instrumentation ..the sparceness which gives the listener time to absorb and digest the lyrics. Also liked the mean ass distorted guitar in the outro and the vocal change up.

Great work!

pine
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Groundy

You're the man Andy.........

Suuuuperb.........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Hook

It's about time Andy, I always dig your tunes brother. Your voice is so commanding, it always draws me in & your songs are always so thoughtful and well put together. You really know how to layer songs and everything just fits together perfectly in the mix. Very Cool song!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Very captivating "riff" on this! You've done excellent job with lyric and the vocals are top class, too! Nice to hear you're back!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

MrBud

Marvelous production,,,clean as a whistle :]
Up And Adam

Superb Andy, I can't pick bits out, I loved it all.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Think you have a great song here... it sounds very original, powerful too! Enjoyed a lot thanks.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tangled Wires

Excellent Andy, the sparseness of the musical arrangement, the repeating mantra quality and the vocal backing/harmonies reminded me a bit of Elbow.

Even with the relative sparse arrangements you still manage to make a monster of a song, huge sounding yet delicate at the same time. There is nobody better at making a song build, build and then build some more than you.

Be interested to hear how you recorded them harmonies, they sound so full and lush and love how you get them overlapping during the middle part of the song, sounds bleeding epic!

Your old habit of making them tunes stick in your head still very much remains, time and time you deliver them killer vocal melodies, its a talent I am sure most of us here envy.

Killer!

recorder
Boss Micro BR