This is a song (the closest I've come to country)

Started by Geir, March 29, 2009, 02:04:56 PM

Bluesberry

Hot damn Geir, so great to hear this "live" version, although I suspect most of your songs are "live" like this recorded in your house or cabin.  You are a natural musican/singer/songwriter.  You ever do any St. Thomas, I would love to hear you do a cover of St.Thomas someday.  Sounds like you were the big star at that party, all the ladies calling your name, men slipping cigars and money in your pocket, take your bow Geir, well deserved.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

T.C. Elliott

See.... I had never heard this song before today. So whoever started the bump... THANK YOU!!!
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

T.C. Elliott

btw, I think I like the live version better than the recorded. Both are good, but I think this song is perfect for the live show.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

FreddyBoyo

This sounds like it came straight out of a Quentin Tarantino film. Take that as a compliment. This is going on my MP3 player right now. You took something simple, and platted it with gold. You OWN this tune!

FreddyBoyo

henwrench

I can't believe I haven't heard this one. It's quite simply stunning, easily one of the best songs I've heard here...

BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

Quote from: henwrench on June 10, 2010, 05:57:54 AMI can't believe I haven't heard this one. It's quite simply stunning, easily one of the best songs I've heard here...

BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS BOSS                                             henwrench
what he said!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI would love to hear you do a cover of St.Thomas someday.
geir did the music for this st thomas tribute, not a st thomas song but you have planted a seed bb i'm gonna talk nice to the big viking about that. by the way flash harry did the drums on this after the music was done.

[soundclick]8067289[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Yeah thats a great song eh Jim, I forgot about that one.  Really great acoustic strumming from Geir on this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Thanks for kind feedback on both old and new version! I know I need to practice the live version more but it was good to be able to perform one of my songs solo for once.

Quote from: OsCKilO on June 07, 2010, 06:10:19 PMIs this a sign of things to come G?
The experience did teach me to have solo live performance in mind when making new songs, so yes I think maybe some of my songs will be affected ! And I will grab every chance to perform live from now on :)

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 07, 2010, 01:53:46 PMGeir, it's a brilliant version. I hope you got a standing ovation!

It was very well received !! Felt really good ..... Like the feedback I get here ... just more physical !

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 08, 2010, 05:53:54 AMHot damn Geir, so great to hear this "live" version, although I suspect most of your songs are "live" like this recorded in your house or cabin.
I usually make a live guiding track that for some songs stays in the final mix. This song was made pretty much as the live version sounds like.
QuoteYou are a natural musican/singer/songwriter.  You ever do any St. Thomas, I would love to hear you do a cover of St.Thomas someday.
St. Tomas will be covered .... just gotta get out of the garage first ::) ... ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy