Acoustic blues

Started by Bro, March 29, 2009, 01:12:41 PM

Bro

SLOO
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hmm.. I promised some of you guys a longer acoustic blues on my last post.

And since i've had so much positive replies on my last one i thought i would give it a try.

I just sat down and played, one track, first take and this is what you get, a bit sloppy at some places. (THE INTRO!)

But anyway, here it is enjoy..

If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Bluesberry

All I can say is: beautiful.  Rough beginning maybe (I didn't really hear it) but you sure make up for that.  Great slide acoustic blues.  This is another challenge that I need to spend some time on some day, so much to learn, so little time.  Beautifully played for sure.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Wow I wish I could master the bottleneck like that !!! Great work Oh Jimi 8)

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

That was great!! something about just a guitar.  Oh would be so neat to hear you around the campfire.  Flames blazing, the darkness.  It would be perfect mood music.  I can tell I'm winter stir crazy. LOL

Bro

Quote from: wiley on March 29, 2009, 06:23:19 PMI can tell I'm winter stir crazy. LOL

Jep! Know what your talking about! The winter has lasted WAAAY to long now!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

That's so good. It sounds like there are front porches and cotton fields in Denmark  :D

Really authentic sounding. I dabble in bottle neck slide, so I know how hard it is to get a result like this.

Is this standard tuning? A lot of slide work is done in open tuning.

Fantastic.

The Reverend 48

From the first note I was in heaven..... great work  8)
I absolutely love slide guitar...well done
How about giving us some more slide soon
BTW the only improvement would be too add some of Greeny's authentic 78 hiss and crackle ;)

Bro

Yeah well, thanks for the loving comments everyone. I plan to upload some more slide or some more regular acoustic blues soon :)

Greeny? It was done in open G tuning, but no front porches in my house, bot i'm glad if i gave you the picture of me playing slide blues guitar in my front porch :)

Well again nice to get replies from everybody, and nice knowing you like it. Keep a eye on the next posts for a time, i might be the arthur on one of them :)