"99 Names" - First time using the Micro BR

Started by OsCKilO, March 28, 2009, 08:36:53 PM

Tony W

I listen to my first months worth of bends, and quite honestly they are nails on a chalk board to me now. The better I get the more I laugh at what I put Mike through. I should edit some of his audio clips....... oooh lightbulb and now I move to PM

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

BendthemstrringsBendthemstrringsBendthemstrringsBendthemBendthemstringsstrringsstrrrrrings

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

No...  :)

If you Watch the Moving words long enough, you Notice that the words move at different speeds.....

Cool......   Lol
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Almost like the words are being bent...freaky cool.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

I'm working on a new song :

"Don't bend those strings" ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveB

OKO - I promised you ages ago that I'd have a listen to your uploads, so I think this is the 1st one you started with? (I've just discovered that you've added to it with a 2nd upload). This 1st upload is where most people begin these days, noodling over a drum beat. And I must say that this isn't too bad at all. It is perhaps a little 'static', but that's probably to be expected due to lack of experience. However, certainly most of the elements are there to be able to produce something quite catchy. The Drum & Bass ending works wonderfully, and if you were able to use the same technique at the beginning (and also for a short-break middle section), then there is nothing wrong at all with the construct. A few Bluesberry-style syth swirls darting in and out could introduce a counterpoint to the picked guitar lead, and maybe even a deep-reverbed chant or two occasionally could complete the package. I wouldn't be too dismissive of this, if you can remember how it was put together, it may be something you could work on as a project. There was nothing wrong with the mix by the way.

Your 2nd upload in this thread is obviously a lot more accomplished. (Isn't making music great when you can detect your own improvement!). Everything holds together a lot tighter than the 1st, which is good given that there's obviously a lot more going on, and everything in the stereo mix seems to be positioned well.
But now I come to one of my own pet-hates. When I was first in a band (over 40 years ago), on the 3rd rehearsal, I moved the cymbals away from the drummer, and the band stayed together (loosely) for many years. Why the Roland/Boss engineers think that every drum phrase should end with a crash cymbal is beyond me. I'm afraid that any piece of music that constantly has those awful, tinny sounds eventually begins to turn me against the music, and that of course is unfair. On the larger BR models, certainly the 1200 it's possible to mute the cymbals on patterns you've created. So, there's nothing at all wrong with the 2nd upload, and the cymblas are not your fault, but if it's possible to use patterns that do not have so many crashes at the end, I would advise you to use them, it can't only be me that finds them ridiculously jarring. Other than that, I would think you have an assured future on this Forum and a lot of joy to be had making music. Perhaps writing some lyrics, or working in collaboration with someone may be worth thinking about? If that scenario is already happening, then you're one step ahead of the field. Well done.

SB
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Geir

WHAT ???

Have you not seen how many wonderful songs Osckilo has put up here? I agree in most of what you said about this first post, but what post are you referring to as the 2nd? He/they must have posted almost 50 songs here !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

launched

Quote from: Geir on October 07, 2009, 11:19:04 AMWHAT ???

Have you not seen how many wonderful songs Osckilo has put up here? I agree in most of what you said about this first post, but what post are you referring to as the 2nd? He/they must have posted almost 50 songs here !!!

I know! The most recent contributions are just blowing me away. Those spanish/classical pieces are spot on perfect. Excellent production quality, too!

Far, far away from yesterday's Osckilo!

You rule, T-man!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveB

GIR - I simply chose the first upload that mentioned Oskilo using the Micro BR, and I reviewed the two uploads that were in the thread.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon