"99 Names" - First time using the Micro BR

Started by OsCKilO, March 28, 2009, 08:36:53 PM

lg

Wow, what a lot of great input and wise advice from all of these wonderful musicians.
Thank you for your kind words about my jam.
Yes, it was recorded 'live' on holdempok's br, due to the fact that I
haven't yet purchased one...
I find that if you use these techniques that all have explained to you,
then the MOST important thing for you to do, is relax and FEEL the music, let it flow out of you, and express it into the scales that you have learned, all the while using the techniques that everyone has described for you.
Then, you can't help but sound terrific!
Have fun!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

OsCKilO

Everyone

Thank you for all the great advice, feed-back and the warm welcome.

Sustain and technique and practice.......

I'll get cracking on another piece.

Osckilo

;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

All the notes are there, but as 64guitars says, it's a case of injecting some feeling and 'personality' into them. I don't know many scales - just the odd pentatonic here and there - so I try to make up a lack of theory with a lot of expression. Try bending some of those notes and strings as you play, and practice getting some fluidity into the changes. Another thing to try is some double-string bends here and there to fill out and vary the sound. I agree with everyone that some distortion and sustain using effects is a very handy 'cheat', because it will disguise the note changes and smooth them out nicely. But you're well on the way with this - nice work!

The Reverend 48

Quote from: Greeny on March 30, 2009, 06:13:21 AM...... that some distortion and sustain using effects is a very handy 'cheat',
How very dare you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Greeny

Quote from: forte8 on March 30, 2009, 07:11:59 AM
Quote from: Greeny on March 30, 2009, 06:13:21 AM...... that some distortion and sustain using effects is a very handy 'cheat',
How very dare you ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Who Sir? Me Sir? No Sir!  :D

Bluesberry

Its not cheating if you use it as part of your brilliant sound like Witchita does, for the rest of us mortals, it is cheating.  :D

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Ferryman

Let me say well done and welcome. Well done for getting a very credible first effort together and having the cohones to post it here. This shows you've got the basics mastered, both in terms of using the MBR and putting a song together. There's lots of potential here and other folks have all given good advice. You might like to try playing with what you have recorded by adding some effects to the solo guitar part - a "heavy" guitar sound would give you more sustain and longer notes, but you could also try a twangy, reverb-y sound, almost Shadows-like which might work with this style of solo. Just keep practising and experimenting - hopefully this site will encourage you to keep doing just that.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

Holy shit!

This was F*cking appalling!!!!

I remember being quite proud of it when I laid it down...... What was I thinking!

Just found my first recording.......

Damn this was bad!

I made a point of following all the advice I got from you guys........

Thank God I did!!!!!!

Oh my god this is cringe-worthy!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I remember stumbling on this a couple weeks ago - It's really not that bad. I liked it. Better than my first stuff...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover