Art Work

Started by Rata-tat-tat, March 28, 2009, 02:50:44 PM

Rata-tat-tat

Hey guys... Another thread on the board inspired me to start this thread. I don't think it has been done already. Anyhow... thought I would give folks an oportunity to post there respective album art / general art and talk a little bit about the software or creative process they used to make their creations. I will begin with one I made using Adobe Elements 7.0. It is a great tool that is reasonable in price ( Under $100.00 US) compared to other software out there. There may be better options this one is definately my fav right now... feel free to enlighten. This was a picture of my band playing an outdoor event In Anchorage for a car show. It was a lot of fun playing the gig and also creating this pic which I have used for various flyers in the local area.

A little bit on Adobe Elements... You can modify layers respectively on the fly. You can also create your own fonts... which I found very useful.

I have attached the original for a comparison..

Pedro... please let me know if this is going to take up too much space.

V/R

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02

64Guitars

Nice poster!

Quote from: Rata-tat-tat on March 28, 2009, 02:50:44 PMAdobe Elements 7.0. It is a great tool that is reasonable in price ( Under $100.00 US) compared to other software out there. There may be better options this one is definately my fav right now... feel free to enlighten.

I don't know how it compares to Elements, but GIMP supports layers and it's FREE! Versions are available for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

Hey those are great man! Here's the basis of what I'll be using for my upcoming solo shows~ These were done at Photofunia.com.  I happend to stumble across this website one day~ the best part ~ you supply a picture and they do all the magic for free~ you just pick out something you like out of many choices...these are a few I made... I have several more, but here's some samples......

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

These are all done in Powerpoint and Word. I've never been fussed with the tools I use - I always just make the best of what I've got. And it's as much fun for me as the music itself.

I still remember cutting stuff out of magazines in the old days of home-made cassette demos  :)

Greeny

More....

The Reverend 48

And I thought I was the only one ;D ;D
altho' I haven't done an Album cover
I have done this for a little project I am planning ;)

Tried to get a 50's vibe going 8)
BTW Tim I would buy "A Shed Full of Blues" just for the cover! :D

Greeny

Quote from: forte8 on March 30, 2009, 07:00:34 AMBTW Tim I would buy "A Shed Full of Blues" just for the cover! :D

You won't need to. You're on it!  :D :D :D