"48 Semi Blues" - New Guitar

Started by The Reverend 48, March 28, 2009, 09:01:00 AM

The Reverend 48

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I have been playing my new guitar Peavey JF1-EXP (see general for a full review)
I love it but I am still getting used to it but I couldnt wait to post something.....  ;D
I was too busy trying to make sure my fingers were in the right places (very different neck) to do anything to complicated....
This short backer seemed a good platform to let you guys listen to the tones.....
This was done "Clean" with no effects and a little reverb.... 8)
What do you think?

Wiley

Gee 48 that was great.  Maybe not to complicated but simple was beautiful.  Your new guitar has a very nice sound.  Going clean was nice.

tafka

the guitar sounds great because of the player.
great stuff Mike. its good to hear you did not bombard this backer with too many notes....this is just what was needed.

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

lg

Congrats on your new guitar...
Wow, she sounds sweet!
Great playing, clean, precise and sweet!
Now, she has been broken in proper!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Geir

Congrat's !! Great sound, and of course that's only partly because of the guitar. YOU brought them out. Really smooth playing !! Give us more!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Seriously beautiful 48.  This new guitar fits you like a glove for sure.  The depth and feeling I am getting is almost enough to make my eyes water up, no joke.  Its that sustain and thick sweet tone that compliments your playing style so well.  Good post.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Nice guitar, nice playing, great job. Lovely moody feel to this one, very controlled and well executed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Super tone. I hope you really love it.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Kody

Sounds so warm to be "clean".... must be a darn special guitar! Sounds great man....really great!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One