"As cold as ice" a Geir & OldRottenHead original

Started by Geir, October 02, 2014, 04:07:22 PM

Geir

Geir & ORH - As cold as ice (192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Only one string used on this weird little tune. I've been exploring the world of synthesis lately, and my latest battle has been with granular synthesis. I bought the "Grain Science" synth for the iPad and started making sounds. The first half of this is a result of that experiment. Three different patches based on my voice and one bowed string on my fiddle :D

The second half is me on (iGrand) piano and James' wonderful voice. If you can bear through the first half you're in for a treat !!!

As cold as ice
w:James/ m:Geir&James
Grain Science synth
iGrand piano
Recorded with MR80/MBR
Mixed and mastered in Audacity and partly on the BR80
do you believe in love or hate
can you believe in anything
do you have any empathy
can you not feel for anyone
as cold as ice
without a heart
do you not see the suffering
is it obscured by the clouds from your ivory tower
are you so detached from reality
wrapped up in too much cotton wool
as cold as ice
without a heart
do you believe in love or hate
can you believe in anything
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

Really experimental stuff at the first part, guys!! Your piano skills are just amazing, Geir!

iGrand Piano has a magical tone, too! James did powerful job the vox/lyric! It was a pleasure to hear new stuff from this dynamic duo! Great!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Spot on Guys love the piano.......Take a bow...........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Oldrottenhead

a magic soundscape and song geir, i first heard this when gear emailed me an earlier take of this song, i had just come home and was a bit tipsy from the pub,but on 1st hearing i sang along to the second half. at that time i was too drunk to record. but when i did get time to record the following evening i sang and recorded pretty much the same thing.

geir did all the hard work, creating, recording and composing, i got the pleasure of sticking that on my micro br, hitting record and singing. geir's fabulous music going in my ears and all i have to do is open my mouth and sing what the music tells me to sing.

so thank you geir.

loving all the wee embellishments and additions, and of course the final mix.

we need to do more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

I think this would be excellent in a play,in fact I remember there was a thread on here at one point doing songs for a story.
I think we should do this again and use this as the start of it.
Everyone should add a bit of the story to it with a song.
Geir and jim could put out the opening to the story that connects to this song,what do you think?
I love the ambiance of this and the tone in jim's vocal.
It could be the start of a bigger picture  ;D

Blooby

Some of the patches remind me of old Alan Parsons. The transition to the song portion is just right, and the song itself is wonderful. It really features Jim's vocals due to the sparseness of it (to the point where I haven't made up my mind about the delays on the vocals).

This will be listened to many times.

Blooby

bruno

When I read the song name, I instantly thought of the old Foreigner song (worst band that I every saw live, but that is another story).
I love all the ambient synthy production, it always sounds great (which always annoy's me given the efforts that we as guitarists have to go to get a semi-decent guitar sound!). I really like the echo of the vox, and ORH always delivers the goods vocal wise - and the airy open sounds.

Interesting and excellent direction Geir.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

Oh my!  This is fabulous.

PiePod. Bound. Under Linux.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

fenderbender

This I like

like listening to the sound of rain falling and more
then the vocals come in