Kemper Profiling Amp

Started by bruno, September 30, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Hook

Totally sweet sounding my brother! I've got some storage space if you need to pack some gear away ;)
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

If you were closer brother :-)

So, been playing tonight (as you would expect), and this thing just gets better and better. THave explored the effects - the mods, reverb and echo's are outstanding, the distortions seemed okay in moderation, need to play a bit more. Updated the firmware, and downloaded a lot of profile. Found a Dr Z, dialed in and it was quite distorted and a little so-so with a strat, so dial down the distortion, changed to a room reverb and added some compression, and BAM, instant Brad Paisley, shockingly so. Wow. JMC 800 - instant Foo Fighters. This thing is flippin awesome. Unfortunately, mum is staying at the mo, so without studio. Will get to it soon. I can tell that this is an inspiration machine.

On thing, I think I will need to change the way I record. It has a lot thicker sound that the normal COSM effect, so less will be definitely more. The guitar tends to be a stereo track, so panning is a little bit more of a problem. Time to experiment!

To all that I have rekindled GAS, I apologise profusely. Sorry!

B  

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

I'm going to buy one. Still got empty space in the rack.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Burtog

Bruno - when you mention dialling in Bass tones do you mean played through guitar or by plugging a bass in?
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Speed demon - I don't think you'll be disappointed if you press the trigger. Early days for me, but it's dead easy to dial a great tone, and that is the holy grail of guitarists :-)

Burtog - they have profiled a bunch of bass amps, so a real bass playing though a bass amp profile. It sound really big and deep, something I struggled to get with the COSM bass amps, without some tweaking.

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

testkemper
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Another sample - the lead is a Vibroverb - Nuno's amp on Waiting for a Punchline. I'm such a fan boy! As I don't have a studio currently (my mum is staying) - recorded on Garage band, where I don't really have a clue what I'm doing. I thinks its clipping a bit, and I couldn't remember what I played when doing the bass. Oh well ...

Uploading a slightly different mix.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Speed Demon

Seriously nice work! Great sound and playing.

Well done, Bruno.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Blooby

Kemper Amp aside, that is some killer tasteful playing.

Blooby

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Absolutely beautiful playing and tone Bruno......that's a perfect tone right there, is that a strat you are playing?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand