Kemper Profiling Amp

Started by bruno, September 30, 2014, 04:02:35 PM

Pete C

Some great tones there Bruno - I'm well jealous.  Lovely piece of kit !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Burtog

Sounds awesome, I see you went for the rack mounted option?
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Quote from: Burtog on October 05, 2014, 01:46:03 PMSounds awesome, I see you went for the rack mounted option?
Yeah  - I didn't particularly like the 'toaster' design, and they are the same price and functionality. They are an amazing piece of kit, the amp sounds really jump out at you, and the effects are super good. My brother saw it today, and was very impressed - and he knows his onions. He though the reverb was fantastic on it!

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Burtog

I remember borrowing an original Line 6 pod and was amazed by the speaker simulation, almost like you could hear air moving in the sound if that makes sense, I dont think my GR55 sounds are as good as the POD but what you have there is something completely different.

Does it do all the Fender Amps then?

Im listening to the new Ryan Adams album quite a bit and am digging the Fender Princetown chorus sounds.
recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

So, you can profile any amp - and people upload profiles on the internet - so yeah, it comes with some great fender amps, and you can download pretty much any of them. It doesn't really model, it profiles a real amp. Therefore you can profile your own amps with a microphone, I'm going to profile my Fender Hotrod soon :-) It really is a magnificent piece of technology, pretty much all the guys in the guitar shop have one - and they said "this is one of the few products that really do what it says on the tin", and that's after I'd bought it, unprompted. Nuff said!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

You mentioned effects.  What effects are included, and are they models of specifics models/brands?

Jealous. Your audio post really sounded good.

bruno

Quote from: Blooby on October 05, 2014, 02:48:47 PMYou mentioned effects.  What effects are included, and are they models of specifics models/brands?

Jealous. Your audio post really sounded good.
There are loads - all misnamed "green box" for example (tube screamer) - I'm just scratching the surface, but Kemper produce the Virus synth, so know there onions! I dialed in a great sounding octaver, and the distortions sound great - if you watch the Gilmour sound demo in this thread, he talks through the effects as he uses.

In terms of sounds - the guitars sound really 'big', it does given a simple demo like i did (which took 10 minutes) a massive sound. The one thing that has really surprised me is the bass sound, which I could never get right, I plugged in, dial a bass amp sound and played. Wow.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

peterp

Congrats on the new arrival,
and Oh My this little device will be gnawing at me for quite a while I suspect. ......

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Redler

Watched a few vids and they are causing GAS! Congrats for the new gear. The track sounded really fine!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

This is the first piece of gear which actually has me thinking that I need to store my old gear away (I can't sell stuff, just can't do it).
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600