"microbrfunkyjazzybluesythang" - Starting to experiment a bit...

Started by guitaroscar, March 27, 2009, 03:38:44 PM

Ferryman

Nice job, this has a bit of a fusion feel to it. Reminded me of a Joe Beck album from the 70s. You're definitely getting the hang of this!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitaroscar

Quote from: guitarron on March 28, 2009, 05:15:45 AMthat's what i like-setup guitar did you use?
The guitar is a Hagstrom Viking reissue.  They are a really nice guitar, affordable with a fast neck and great sound.

I recorded the guitar dry, then, on the copied tracks I added effects afterwards. Really what I did was choose a sound that was pretty close to the dry sound, and removed any chorus, delay etc. Then I altered the EQ via the pre-amp in the edit effects section, giving one track heaps of bass, the other heaps of middle and a bit of treble.

The first couple of choruses are the dry Viking sound.  This guitar really shines through a tube amp, or solid state for that matter.  I would recommend it to anyone bar a metal player.

Thankyou to everyone who has praised my effort.  The feedback really means a lot to me as I have suffered a lack of confidence and low self-esteem all my life.  But that is another story...

Thanks again
Cheers
Harry

Bluesberry

Really sounds great.  I like your idea, I do something very similar when I record my vocals.  I record to one track dry, then I bounce this dry track to two tracks, changing the effects slightly.  Then I pan these two tracks just slightly off center (L2R2).  I find this really helps out my voice, thickens it and makes me like the sound of it much better.  I never thought to do this with guitar.  Also the idea to have each track 1/10 sec apart is cool (sort of a delay effect).  There is so much cool stuff you can do with one of these MBR.  I really like your guitar playing, smooth, controlled, perfect.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand