"Everybody Sings"

Started by Blooby, September 28, 2014, 01:15:28 PM

Blooby

Everybody Sing
Time:
0:00
Volume:

A friend (former student from many, many moons ago actually) wrote the lyrics and sang on this. I contributed the pre-chorus and the playing.

Because of a new limiter plug-in,  I have officially entered the loudness wars. The wav file is comical (think of a really fat worm). Sigh, I'll figure this stuff out eventually.

Peace.

Blooby

Flash Harry

This is a really lovely song, played and sung brilliantly. The lead around 2 minutes in is delicious, lovely tone, easy and relaxed, just perfect.

I don't like making comparisons, but there is a real market for this at the moment, Ed Sheeran, Jake Bugg, Passenger et al spring to mind, but this is fresh and interesting, has more than just the zeitgeist, there's a nod to the people that went before.

Please do sort out that limiting, I can hear the instrumental tracks pumping with the vocal.

Just bring everything down a bit and just limit the transients, longer attack time and longer release.

This is a fantastic track. I love it. It should be making you guys a load of cash.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Tangled Wires

Very nice song indeed, has a real smooth warm quality, and I love the way how the mix allows each and every part to be heard in such clarity.....there is nothing fighting to be heard here, it is a beautiful production.

I like how the music is kept relatively minimalistic, and love the space created between the bass stabs, with the occasional little embelishments just stopping it from becoming too ploddy and letting that golden vocal take the lead role.

Very commercial sounding song, could easily here this belting out over the airwaves, it deserves a much wider audience.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

oh this is nice, i'm glad you took henwrench's advice re doing originals  ;D ;D

this is pretty special, catchy as hell and warm and cosy too. i love it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Groundy

Wow Blooby, This is something else, superb,
I love everything about this ..
Really well done........

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Greeny

So damn cool, and I love hearing you doing an original. The playing is impeccable of course, but the whole vibe just exudes an easy, blissful kind of cool. Sounds kind of Allman brothers territory to me. It's a cracking track.

Hook

Excellent tune brother, very contemporary feel to it, Flash is right! I enjoyed it greatly.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

I love the way you perform this; the feel and tempo is just right. A lots of power and sensibility here! Just a great song!

Quote from: Tangled Wires on September 28, 2014, 02:34:12 PMVery commercial sounding song, could easily here this belting out over the airwaves, it deserves a much wider audience.

Totally agree with TW!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Well, this is just great.  A fine song, well played, well sung and highly commercial.

Paul

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter