Apple IOS 8 Update

Started by Gnasty, September 19, 2014, 06:41:37 AM

Speed Demon

My iPod plays MP3 files quite nicely. The apps crash on a regular basis.
I'm shopping for a good MP3 player and when I acquire one I'm going to retire the iPod.
And finally get rid of that bloatware piece-of-shit iTunes.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Flash Harry

Find a bit of software called sharepod. It works fine with the iPod. No need to use iTunes and you can copy stuff on and off.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Speed Demon

Thanks for the tip, Flash. I will check it out.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Speed Demon

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Hook

Quote from: Speed Demon on September 27, 2014, 01:40:17 PMI'm shopping for a good MP3 player and when I acquire one I'm going to retire the iPod.

I loved my Sony Walkman MP3. Works great with windows media, best mp3 player I've ever had, In fact I've had 3 & they all took a spin in the washing machine. My wife won't let me get a 4th :-[
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Speed Demon

Stand in line for this one.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Gnasty

After the the last couple bug fix updates it made the player worse than it was before and it basically
made my Iphone slower and thrown into the dark ages. Apple does this on purpose for sure.  I`m going to buy an
Ipad next year and throw my music apps on it and never update. Then switch to an android phone.

F*%ckers!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Speed Demon

I'm with you on that one, Gnasty. The only reason I have an iPod is because my wife gave me one as a gift.

The "never-ending upgrade" of Apple devices was the first thing that turned me off to them.
The lack of a USB port and Flash Player was the next turn-off. No printer port, either.
The restrictive operating system and the bloatware that is iTunes was the deal-breaker.

I'm back to using an MP3 player that can plug direct to a USB port. Much better deal as the only positive
use I've gotten from the iPod is as an MP3 player. And It still takes several attempts to get iTunes to load
MP3 files without truncating them. A royal pain in the ass.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Hook

Quote from: Gnasty on November 02, 2014, 02:05:21 PMAfter the the last couple bug fix updates it made the player worse than it was before and it basically
made my Iphone slower and thrown into the dark ages. Apple does this on purpose for sure.  I`m going to buy an
Ipad next year and throw my music apps on it and never update. Then switch to an android phone.

F*%ckers!!!
Yeah they got it right & then screwed it all up! The problem is Gnasty andriods music apps (& alot of apps in general) suck for android. I mean almost worthless crap, maybe a synth app or 2 but nothing that can really be used. If they ever figure it out and offer something as good as Thumbjam, drumjam, animoog, grageband, etc then I would switch to android. If I could do anything right now I would have an android phone ( those Samsung phones look cool) & an Ipad for all my music apps but sadly not right now & I can't go back to life without my music apps!!
On...I guess.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely