Peel Sessions - the good, the bad and the ugly

Started by bruno, September 03, 2014, 03:07:48 PM

bruno

So - researching for the Peel fest, there is a huge amount to choose from. And have been listening, some okay, some not so okay.

But this one, I don't get at all, is it that I getting too old???? ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPeYD49oY8

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

Very tempted to say yes but I'm trying not to . . .

:D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

That's The beauty of Mr. Ravenscroft. I detest this song too however I would also hear things I would never listen too in a month of Sundays but every now and again I would be blown away.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

It's hard to describe this as 'music' even. It sounds like someone threw an electric guitar, amp and drums in a tumble dryer.

It's so bad, you can't even tell if it's sincere or some kind of elaborate joke.

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Quote from: Hook on September 04, 2014, 04:20:06 AMI'm soo covering that intro tune!!
Uke and drums, that would be something to behold bro  ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Greeny

Quote from: chapperz66 on September 04, 2014, 08:39:20 AMI've obviously not done enough drugs.

Sounds more like anger than drugs. Imagine you're a 15 year old who has just flunked his maths exam and his mum has 'grounded' him from World of Warcraft for a week...

Tangled Wires

I think I lasted about a minute. :o

All the occasional shite like this was always more than counter-balanced by the gold that he unearthed.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

Quote from: Greeny on September 04, 2014, 10:47:43 AM
Quote from: chapperz66 on September 04, 2014, 08:39:20 AMI've obviously not done enough drugs.

Sounds more like anger than drugs. Imagine you're a 15 year old who has just flunked his maths exam and his mum has 'grounded' him from World of Warcraft for a week...

I did fail my maths O level.  Mind you, that didn't matter because I was going to be a rock star.  That didn't work out very well either.....

I'm tempted to do a cover of this.  Could be a future fest.  "Deathmetal fest."  "Blackmetalfest." 

Perhaps not.