"Cock Fights and Loose Women"

Started by Blooby, September 01, 2014, 07:52:48 AM

Blooby

Cock Fights and Loose Women - 192
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I am being a rule-breaker today by posting a just unearthed tune form 1986 or so. John (Lurker) was kind enough to lend me his cassette player, and I am finding a treasure-trove of really bad stuff, mostly just me aimlessly trying to shred on my only electric at that time, an Ibanez AR-300. This is an interesting stroll down memory lane. I know somewhere in the archive from around the same time is a tape of my buddy Tori and myself horribly hung over.  He had to throw up, but I wouldn't let him until I ran lots of Radio Shack cabling and an analog delay to the bathroom to record him. Although quite avant garde in its own way, I don't think I'll be posting that one.

This must have been around the time when I moved from New York and discovered that the television show Hee-Haw was actually documentary footage. I should mention that I have since grown to love parts of the south. The song is downright embarrassing, but I thought there was a yuck or two worth sharing. Outro banjo is from a guy name Charlie Little. I haven't heard from him since bumping into him at a reunion Dixie Dregs show in Atlanta 20 years ago or so.

Sorry if this offends anybody, but it's pretty obvious it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Blooby

Cock Fights and Loose Women

When I came home last night, I found another pick-up in the driveway.
You know what? I tell you what. It really pissed me off.
With my gun from the gun rack and tears from my tin can of beer,
Thinking 'bout the things that I...I once found dear.

Cock fights and loose women
I'm a redneck in a bar.
Southern mentality, we need you to compare how intelligent the rest of you are.

Well, I lost at the tractor pull and got my ass kicked in pool.
If I wasn't so God damn ignorant, I'd feel like a fool.
But I'm goodly with a shotgun, and I'm an ace at calling my hogs.
Well, I can't understand with a resume like that, my life's been sent to the dogs.

Cock fights and loose women
I'm a redneck in a bar.

I love hearing stuff like this, it's a snapshot of somebody else's time. I met some rednecks at a family gathering in Nashville and I'm still alive to tell the tale but my god they could drink. Credit where credits due.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Flash Harry

Haha! 

Easy, the NSA are watching your every move, that's you on the 'Un-American' list.

Love it, and the banjo is unnerving. Better not let Hook hear them.....
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

cuthbert

Thoroughly enjoyed this...we need to hear more vocals from you, Blooby!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Greeny

Ha! This is fabulous. And that final bluegrass breakdown is chaotically outstanding. Really enjoyed this one :-)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Ha fun, song.  It's got a southern-pink-floyd vibe... well until the hillbilly banjo kicked in lol!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Groundy

I really enjoyed this Blooby,
especially when the Banjo came in.....
Top class my friend.......

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

He'll yeah, I'm a redneck :-) there is something about a banjo that stirs the blood :-) keep 'em coming :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Groundy

OTD Bump,
Back for more,
Love it Blooby.....
Nice Banjo playing Charlie...

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs