The Girl Without A Care

Started by TomH86, March 24, 2009, 11:52:50 PM

TomH86

thegirlwithoutacare
Time:
0:00
Volume:
short n' sweet. basically me trying to write my own equivalent of the gbv classic, How Loft I Am? lolz.

Kody

You always have good chord progressions and vocal melodies~words are great too~~Doesn't hurt to have a few short songs in your lineup....makes for a sneaky little track on your album.  I don't know who GBV is, so "The Girl Without a Care" is classic to me! ;) PeAcE~
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

TomH86

GBV = Guided by Voices...The greatest bunch of men to ever pick up musical instruments...well, thts just my opinion rly :P But they have hugely influenced my approach to writing songs. I like to write short ones..sharp and direct...y'know? I mean, I cant play all fancy anyway..haha...But yeah, I keep it simple. Thanks for listening, man.

Geir

:) :) :) Nice one.... really lifted my spirit !!

wow there's a lot of talent in this place!!!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Simple, direct and lovely - as always. It might be my headphones, but this came through quite 'fizzy'... with not a lot of bass or depth. Doesn't detract from a great song, but it might be worth playing with the EQ a bit. Unless this is what you wanted  :)

Great work though. You must have an album done now?!

Ferryman

Excellent, I think this is your strongest "strummy" song. It's got a good structure as well, great chords and a strong ending. But as Greeny said, the production keeps the song in a very narrow eq band, also the stereo mix is very narrow, which seems a bit odd in headphones. Nevertheless, this is a really strong song.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

TomH86

yeah,  youre right! im on it guys! thanks for listening!!

The Reverend 48

Loved it 8) I actually like the fizzy sound of it  8)
It reminded me of the Beatles who used a similar sound.........

Wiley

You just always amaze me. Beatles?  I don't know. But I do like all you guys accents.  I probably have a really bad one compared to you. totally usa. LOL