Chrome/Dragon Song #8 ~ a bit more dance this time ~

Started by dragonshade, March 24, 2009, 10:12:00 PM

dragonshade

CD08
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hello everyone.  ;D

I'm putting up song #8. The power of this forum is amazing to me. I can't believe we have done 8 of these originals now, and a great deal of that is directly because of this group.. the wonderful support, and encouragement here has done a lot to drive these songs. Thanks to you all my new friends.

Lol, back to the music ;) I have been sitting on this one for nearly a week. I mentioned on the last post how this song was done within about 3 hours (from uploading Chrome's track in the BR).... so weird as the last one fought me for weeks. I decided there would be no solo, the track is already too short at just over 2 minutes, and there is enough going on. It all fits though, and this song literally gave me chills as it was coming together, and even more so the next day listening to what was made late the night before so quickly. It is much more "dance" than any of the others, and yet keeps the melodic metal vibe.

This is the first song we have done where I have uploaded Chrome's beat/synth as a pure WAV straight into the MBR. The result is much clearer. Also this is mastered "clean" with effects off, though I don't think is loses a thing, and feels very balanced.

One other point of mention is the bass. This is the first C/D song I have added bass guitar to. I think only a few would have noticed... I kept the bass very low in the mix. I didn't want to change our "sound", but I did notice if the bass was kept very low it just "thickened" the sound without really being heard overly, and this worked well.

So funny how I think we are all growing with each project. I listened to our very first song (still LOVE that one), and then immediately listened to this. The difference in balance, sound, and production was drastic. This is comparatively so much more refined.

Thanks again everyone. Hope you like.

Ray

Kody

What can I say?! I'm speechless...You guys really have come up with excellent sounding stuff~ excellent doesn't even describe it~ The bass does add alot even at that volume~Sounds great!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

This is really great!! I like the way it moves along and it gives me a feeling of something great going on. It's big!! Could be the soundtrack of a movie scene where a huge army marches towards a battle they're determined to win against all odds.

G. 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Another HUGE epic sound-fest. This could soundtrack games and films so easily. You need to get some contacts and get all this stuff heard!

Ferryman

Just love this one, agree it's one of your best. It really has the club/metal crossover nailed. It needs that bass to thicken the bottom end and it works. The overall sound and mix is very strong, you've definitely matured as you have developed all this material. The snare-ish roll works well on this one (better than the tom rolls on the others).

Not much else to say except damn fine work which I really enjoy. Great stuff.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

I agree this could be a track for some great chilling movie.  Very solid and well produced.  Makes you sit up and listen.  Great job!

Epic does not even get close to explaining how awesome this is! for real. It sounds like you can throw in a freestyle, some death metal gurgling, or just leave it, and it'd sound awesome none the less!! :o Truth be told, I had to bump it for a while and show it around to some friends. Major props man

guitarron

i really like the drums (again)-it sounds like a combo of 808's (snare) and a more traditional sounding kik
really good stuff

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tafka

theres not a lot left to say.
brilliant!!!!!

Tony J.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

The sound is really stunning, so clear.  For a busy complex piece this still has lots of space to breath.  I personally would like to hear a little more guitar solo, a little bit of a freak-out solo near the end would finish this off nicely for me.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand