For You to Live

Started by allysonmarie, August 26, 2014, 07:22:39 PM

allysonmarie

August 19 2014 8 For You To Live Final 3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Two weeks ago I had my first audition, for a women's choir in my city. I took the chance and performed something I wrote, singing the final two sections of this poem below a-capella.

The scene after the fall
So long ago I saw.
A child I was all.

And dimly glows the promise
For all the hope that could exist
And ever since. Ever since...

You will leave me and how I fear
How I know I won't make it here.
So small I am in my need.
By only you do I breathe.

Please hear me!
Everything I am with,
My heartbeat, my soul I would give
Anything for you to live.

Tangled Wires

Wow, the absense of any music kind of gives this a raw power and it is a beautiful vocal melody.

Hearing your voice standing on its own gives me a real appreciation of how good it is, although I found myself almost hearing a musical accompaniment when listening.

Good luck with the audition, they should be signing you up right away after this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

You have a strong, powerful & passionate voice, nicely done.
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

allysonmarie

Quote from: Tangled Wires on August 27, 2014, 12:38:24 AMWow, the absense of any music kind of gives this a raw power and it is a beautiful vocal melody.

Hearing your voice standing on its own gives me a real appreciation of how good it is, although I found myself almost hearing a musical accompaniment when listening.

Good luck with the audition, they should be signing you up right away after this.

I really appreciate your comments. After my audition I did receive a call telling me I'd been accepted, which I didn't at all expect. Now I'm deciding whether or not to move forward. Getting through the audition was my only goal- whether or not I got in wasn't honestly considered beforehand...lol   

Hilary

Congratulations Allysonmarie, there's nothing quite like the joy of singing with a choir. I really hope you decide to join, they are very lucky to have you!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

ODH

Great to hear you got the gig Allysonmarie, looking forward to hearing your chior work (you have to go with it).

I love how you project and perform so confidently.  You have a rare talent.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Jarle

Wow your voice is a really powerful instrument. This is a touching performance, no wonder you got accepted.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tangled Wires

Congratulations on the audition..true talent wins through!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

bruno

Congrats Allyson, you should join and see whether its for you or not. Not tried, nothing gained. Personally I think there is real power in choirs - and the more you do, the more you learn, and generally the better you get. So think about what you can get out of it!

I really enjoyed this performance, and the haunting melody. Very nicely done.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Well done on passing your audition, I don't think any members of SC doubted that you would. I'm sure you will be a great asset if you decide to move in that direction.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800