New Bass

Started by IanR, August 23, 2014, 08:21:51 PM

IanR

Hi Folks,

I recently picked up this bass. It is a Squier Jaguar Short-Scale Bass.

http://www.fender.com/squier/series/vintage-modified/vintage-modified-jaguar-bass-special-ss-rosewood-fingerboard-black/

I had been a bit frustrated by the guitar to bass patch in the BR800 and wanted to get more of a real bass sound without spending too much money.  I went to a sale at Manny's music shop a couple of months ago and picked this up for about AU$250.  I chose it mainly because I like the look of it (I am a shallow bass player) and it had a good feel - like a guitar.  It has improved the sound of my last few songs so much and I am really, really happy with it.

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Tangled Wires

That's a beauty, and by my calculations that's about 140 quid, so a bargain as well!

I have never tried to emulate a bass sound with a guitar for recording purposes, as have always had a bass guitar to do that, and don't think that you can beat the real thing.

Congratulations, looks a great purchase.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Damn, that is one nice-looking piece of kit. Congrats!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

That's a great looking bass Ian! The short scale does make it easier for us guitarists to move from guitar to bass without it feeling completely foreign. I like the Jaguar body style (have a guitar) because it's very comfortable to sling and play. Nice one!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

FuzzFace

Flash Harry

What a fine ass. Bass! Bass!  What am I thinking? 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

FuzzFace

Quote from: Flash Harry on August 26, 2014, 01:56:38 PMWhat a fine ass. Bass! Bass!  What am I thinking?  

Here's a couple more asses.  I mean basses

Pete C

Nice bass Ian - you'll get a much better sound than using the bass simulator.  Amazing what you can pick up these days in that price range.
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800