EZ Drummer 2

Started by IanR, August 23, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

des0free

Looks cool.  I have an old yamaha "full size" e drum kit, but it spends most of the time in the garage unused since it takes up too much space....
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on April 08, 2017, 09:18:13 PMSo I went and bought superior drummer 2.0 last fall (November.) And have yet to use it. Still using EZDrummer.

That being said. A little over 16 months ago I bought a used Electronic drum set, the cheap Alesis DM6. The sounds in it aren't very good, although good enough to practice on. But I can plug it into Reaper and use EZDrummer sounds to record with. Which is cool as all get out.

And.... then I went and bought a $65 used acoustic set off of craigslist. It is cheaper than cheap. The cymbals suck. But I love beating the hell out of it. And I'll never be a drummer, but I've recorded myself playing on both sets in a few songs. I think it's the funnest instrument I've ever played, although it's probably the least likely candidate for me becoming proficient on. I can't recommend it enough. Get yourself a kit to beat on.

I totally agree about just the sheer fun of banging on stuff... my whole life I beat on things...tapping the steering wheel, and the foot...you know....so when i started recording 9 years ago (just playing bass then, and 6 years ago guitar again)... I ended up getting the Alesis Performance Pad... which gave me 8 drum sounds on a square that was easy to practice with.... the hard part for me was using my feet and hands together... i just wasn't that good at it... I actually made my own foot pedals out of parts from work.... Over time I got better and better at it and I made myself play alot of stuff that I just couldn't play, like Kansas, Rush, crazy stuff that I had no prayer of getting but little by little I kept getting better... I bought an Alesis Nitro kit in October.... because I felt like I was ready to go to the next level...  What I figured out is that if I am going to get better as a drummer, or on drums, however you want to look at it....I have to practice alot, just like on guitar, bass,etc.....  but what has happened is straight up 3 or 4 chord rock stuff I can bang the crap out of and stay pretty locked in....  so yes, it is fun....
btw, I would like to hear something you record with your drum playing on it... if you don't want to put it on your juke box list do it in a post like this.... honestly you are probably better than you think and no one on here is going to kill you for trying anyway....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on November 17, 2020, 07:01:17 PMI bought that Alesis DM6 kit for cheap. I think it was almost $200 used at MusicGoRound before it went out of business. I recommend something like that if you want to learn to drum. Lots of smaller options with pads you can use, but I've never used any of them or priced any of them.

All that being said, it's been months and months since I've done anything other than spend five minutes beating the hell out of the acoustic set. Drumming is super fun... but also super hard.
The performance pads are around 200 i think but you can get the Alesis Nitro for around 375....  and you can probably get them used cheap... I think the Roland are better but they were twice the price.... and yes drumming is hard.  and you have to get in shape for drumming...but loads of fun

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner