iPad/iPhone Music Hardware

Started by 64Guitars, August 19, 2014, 04:36:34 PM

64Guitars

iPad users might be interested in this drum controller from Simmons. Six velocity-sensitive pads and two pedals (hi-hat and kick drum). Can also be used with any computer via USB/MIDI. Only $129 (£78 ?) and available now (in the US but maybe not in the UK just yet).

Note: this company is not related to the original British company famous for their electronic drums. Guitar Center merely bought the rights to use the name and logo to market inexpensive drum products made in China.

http://simmonsdrums.net/product/stryke-6/

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/simmons-stryke6-ipad-drum-controller

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bluesberry

This is a great development, hopefully we will se more and more of this kind of thing....musical hardware to interface with the iPad universe of Apps.  Great stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Flash Harry

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on November 11, 2014, 03:09:01 AMJust stop it Geir.
Never ;D

If I had a shitload of money I'd probably get this:
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Quote from: Geir on November 11, 2014, 03:34:31 AMIf I had a shitload of money I'd probably get this:

That looks amazing, costs over a grand and I definitely want one.  What does it do?
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

Audio interface ... 4 inputs for either instrument or (phantom-powered mic) 6 outputs, USB midi .......

Quote from: http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/quartet4 IN x 8 OUT USB Audio Interface and Control Center for iPad and Mac

Apogee Quartet is a professional USB audio interface designed to deliver the ultimate desktop recording experience to the iPad and Mac-based studio. Featuring 4 inputs and 8 outputs of Apogee's industry-leading AD/DA conversion technology as well as 4 world-class mic preamps, Quartet bridges the gap between the 2-channel Apogee Duet and Apogee's flagship interface, Symphony I/O.

Quartet for iPad and Mac features special circuitry designed to deliver professional performance for iPad use along with low latency USB 2.0 performance for Mac. Quartet's MIDI I/O connector lets you connect and power a Core MIDI compatible keyboard/controller while using Quartet with your iPad or iOS device.

Legendary Sound Quality

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

I like Apogee.  I've got their Jam guitar interface which I use for getting my guitar into the phone, works great and sounds good, although I haven't tried any others to compare.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter