The Swan (and other feathered friends)

Started by jackofall, March 23, 2009, 09:12:38 AM

jackofall

swan and birds
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This may lead to three possible reactions: In order of preference...

1. Relaxation
2. Amusement
3. Boredom

I will share my secret re the special effects upon request....

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Greeny

Good grief. You transported me somewhere a long way from rainy London with that. I can't really find the words to express my admiration for the way you play. It's just undescribably good - and a whole heap of other adjectives and superlatives. Wonderful.

I think that's a nut hatch and a female thrush in the background.

Possibly...  :D :D :D

Geir

Just beautiful. This will be my wake-up music on weekends!!! Well played and good sound.

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

This is really lovely, the birds seem to get louder (more agitated?) as it goes on or is that just me.  Very courtly sounding, one lone minstrel practicing his lute on the windowsill with the birds joining in on his song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

jackofall

Thanks! The birds belong to my 7 year old boy. You squeeze them and their authentic calls come out. My wife caught me swooping them over the microphone, making them go up and down to get the illusion of distance....she seemed to be somewhat amused by my behaviour!
If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Kody

QuoteMy wife caught me swooping them over the microphone...

That's hilarious!!

This a fine piece~very relaxing~shows you don't have to be a shredder to be an awesome guitar player...not that there's anything wrong with shredding ;) And the birds sound very real!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

murfthesnurf

Guitar-Maniac

havent heard from u in awhile, glad that ur back.
this is just Great!
Heavy Metal all the WAY!
Oh yea... bodybuilding too :D

Oldrottenhead

absolutely beautiful, is this an original piece? it sounds familiar.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jackofall

It's 'THe Swan' by Saint-Saens. written for the 'Cello. I thought I'd play the cello part myself on the guitar. I also tried it on the Uke but I needed one more fret on the highest string! It would have been quite funny to do as the music needs the massive long bowed sustained notes of the Cello to bring out the tune and the Uke has absolutely no sustain at all! I like a bit of musical absurdity sometimes. Thanks everyone for your nice comments.