Help!! M-Audio Pro keys88 +Roland JV-1080 + Logic9 to record ???

Started by thetworegs, August 01, 2014, 03:53:55 AM

thetworegs

I'm having a nightmare connecting my Maudio pro88 with a Roland Jv1080 sound module  to logic pro9 to record....im using a roland um-one midi usb lead to link both to the computer ....the pro 88 is seeing the 1080 and working lovely together ..the computer is receiving the midi..its trying to get the sound out of logic which is the problem so far I can receive a midi signal to a track and record it but with no sound coming through Logic...but I can hear the sound through the 1080 I'm at my wits end 3 long nights and still no joy .....I have all the manuals but the more I read the less I understand .....any one use this set up who can help a poor brother in distress...any ideas are welcome at this stage or a any pointers to look at........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

Just reading your set up makes my head want to explode! I say just go barbershop 4 part vocal into the MBR and call it a day! Good luck brother, I got no advise but I know once you get it going it'll be awesome.
Rock on!   

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Flash Harry

Are you expecting audio to come along with the midi?

You need to plug the audio out of the synth to the audio in of your DAW.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Speed Demon

Trevor, the best solution to this problem is to pack everything up and send it to me.

There. Now don't you feel better already?  :D

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

cuthbert

I believe Flash Harry has it... :)

Trevor, you want to feed the output of the JV1080 back into your Mac via your sound input jack or other audio interface, and then open a channel for it in Logic.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thetworegs

Thank You
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Thank You!! From the Midi idiot ::)
Thank You
a little Ditty by Reg and his JV1080

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann