Acoustic harmonica

Started by BlueInGreen, March 22, 2009, 01:21:03 PM

BlueInGreen

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I'm new here but not to Micro Br. Just wanted to start sharing some things I've done with it. Here a couple of recent acoustic recordings. One is a pre-WWII style harmonica solo. The second is with a slow blues backing track. Both use the internal mic.

http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/StLoJ16Q09_Solo_1_ByBlueInGreen--_Key2.m3u

http://jamq.org/jamqueuemusic/StLoJ16Q09_MakingMyWayBackHome_ByBlueInGreen-djazznbluz_KeyF.m3u

Love to get your feedback. Both are mastered on the BR. I often master in Audition.

Tony

I enjoyed both of these a lot.  The first is based on Fishing Blues, the old Henry Thomas number, right?

I can't really give feedback beyond appreciation.  You seem to have two styles working here in the Fishing Blues track, you have a Sonny Terry thing going but more laid back (no whoops).  In the more modern track, with the backing, I got to thinking about Jean-Jacques Milteau, the French guy.  He's about the best contemporary blues harmonica around, for my money.  You play a lot like him, nice long runs that are actually going somewhere.

Did you do the backer yourself or where did it come from?

Some time ago there was a patch posted for a Green Bullet.  It laid out the different effect settings to get a Green Bullet effect through the onboard condenser mic.  I tried it then and it was quite good.

Thanks for these two tracks, I enjoyed them a lot.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the double stops - nice one!

Greeny

Hey! These are just great. I absolutely love the sound of a blues harp - especially when it's played this well. There are some really beautiful touches on both of these pieces. I'd love to hear you on a collaboration - if you're interested in such things. I often 'hear' harmonica parts in some of my acoustic blues pieces, but simply can't play them. You could though  ;)

Wiley

Ok  You have to jump on over to the Micro br forum post your work. You are under other recorders.  There is a bunch of blues fanatics over there. They will fall in love with you.  Great PLaying!!!.  They've been having lots of blues stuff lately.  You could go back through the post and get the backer and show em your stuff.  Lots of great blues guitar players there.  You were refreshing and just great!!

Geir

Hey ... that's good!! Nice to hear some other instruments than guitar once in a while, especially when it's so well played !!! Really enjoyable !!

G. :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

Fantastic reminded me of canned Heat! we need more Blues Harp 8)
how about coming over to the BR Bit and give us harp over some of our backers...

Greeny

Quote from: forte8 on April 01, 2009, 09:30:43 AMFantastic reminded me of canned Heat! we need more Blues Harp 8)
how about coming over to the BR Bit and give us harp over some of our backers...

Yeah - I want some on my 'Hard Shoulder of the Road' song!  :D

Kody

Hey for some reason I can't get to your songs....I get the old "Internet Explorer can not disply the webpage" screen.  This never happens to me...

Dude....I gotta hear these tracks :D Can you post an MP3 file? Or something ???
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Geir

Quote from: Kody on April 01, 2009, 06:35:48 PMHey for some reason I can't get to your songs....I get the old "Internet Explorer can not disply the webpage" screen.  This never happens to me...

Dude....I gotta hear these tracks :D Can you post an MP3 file? Or something ???
Had kinda the same experience. Opened the link in WinAmp and voila!! Beautiful music emerged!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Wiley

Hey Kody I was having a terrible time with Internet Explorer.  I couldn't down load the songs most of the time.  The boys up here told be to download Firefox browser. (it is free)  and I haven't had a problem since.  And it's a nice browser besides.