To Know and Love

Started by allysonmarie, July 16, 2014, 07:58:10 PM

allysonmarie

May 8 2014 2 To Know and Love Final
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Without a friend in this world, here's another to share. It devastates me I don't have time to write as I did. Parts of my life are getting in the way and I'm realizing just how meaningless my life as a whole is without that time. Something will have to give sooner or later. As to the song here, it's to loneliness. 

At one point it must have
Become a decision.
I must have chosen my distance
Of what to say, and not to see.
To stretch the explanation and
Warp the sense of identity.

With you, can't I be human?
Just human, you can look right through.
With you, can't I be just a girl
This cold, cruel world refused?

As always they do.
And spare me no shame from the truth.
Different enough – I bruise with a mark
Far outside the art. I learn to know and
Love my broken heart.

I do remember.
There are rules.
Those painful reminders...
Certain proof.

Groundy

Such a great voice Allysonmarie, and some nice piano playing, you are so talented my friend..
well done.........Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

bruno

Quote from: groundy on July 16, 2014, 10:59:00 PMSuch a great voice Allysonmarie, and some nice piano playing, you are so talented my friend..
well done.........Alex
+1
So much talent.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

"Different enough – I bruise with a mark
Far outside the art."

I really like that line, really good song!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Tangled Wires

The marriage between the music and subject matter is what really caught me here, I get the feeling you could capture the mood just with the piano, such is the power of your playing.

This is right up to the very high standards we have come to expect from you, and those are some really deep lyrics too that really drag you in.

Dramatic, passionate and REAL!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

Another powerful and emotional performance. Your lyrics are really touching and you deliver them with lots of passion.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

Passionate and powerful ... great song and performance!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

allysonmarie

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 17, 2014, 06:45:46 AMThis is right up to the very high standards we have come to expect from you, and those are some really deep lyrics too that really drag you in.

Dramatic, passionate and REAL!

That makes me a little nervous now...lol I'm surprised by the reception of the songs I've shared here. It's so far from what I expect to be told (if told anything at all), that "thank you" hardly expresses my real gratitude. I do keep all of the feedback and the kindly given words in mind, especially when I begin to think I really have nothing else to give.   

steelguitar

Very emotional singing... you have a true beautyful voice
The piano part fits well with the vocals
Very musical expression... Love it!

I have just a critic : your wonderful vocals deserve to have a better sound quality. I think that the recording (the microphones/pickups or their location for the recording?) is not enhancing the sound quality : to much mediums for my ears.

Jean-Sébastien

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

IanR

Hi Allysonmarie,

I love your work.  It is very different to most of the styles that are on Songcrafters and that is great.  You truly communicate the emotion of the lyrics and your playing is very skillful.

If you are interested, there are lots of threads on this site which provide tips on things such as setting recording levels and microphone placement, etc that will help the sound of your recordings.  There is a lot to learn about recording and I have found it fun trying out different approaches and buying additional equipment to help improve my sound quality.  One things you could try is recording with two mics. One for voice and one for piano.  You would have to find the right mics and then learn how to adjust the balance. There are some very good mics that are not too expensive.  Of course that will depend upon the recording device you are using as well and the inputs it can manage.

So, keep at it. You are a breath of fresh air and you have already come a long way.

Best wishes,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One