Kayla Live

Started by BAG, March 21, 2009, 06:11:25 PM

BAG

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Hey folks,

This is not really posting a song however the audio was recorded on the MBR.

This is my little girls first proper live performance at a club. She did three songs (yes one of them is her signature tune "Wish You Were Here")
The video was recorded on a crappy little digicam however i had the MBR with the external mic running. I imported the video and the mastered audio into a program to combine them and get rid of the crappy sound from the digicam.

The electric guitar amp was aimed straight at the MBR and was a bit overpowering so I ended up laying down a second acoustic rhythm track the next morning. Mastering on the "live" setting got rid of a lot of the background noise but there is still enough there to hear the crowd.

http://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=iAkEVAu77a4&feature=channel_page

http://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=rrl2FXKmVZ4&feature=channel_page

http://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=O0C8tDYrUWU&feature=channel_page

Hope you like it.
Just a roadie again.....

Bluesberry

That is so great.  The version of WYWH is just fantastic.  You must be so proud.  She is well on her way for sure, way to go with the support for her love of music.  Great stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

:) Big smile on my face now !!! That was fantastic. You little daughter has a HUGE talent!!
G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

Just as good as David Gilmour 8) W~~~~O~~~~~W! Thanks for sharing this....she is SO good!!  The guy singing did a great job also~ and you too! very very cool!

I checked out some of your other youtubes~ I remember when I was like 17 I learned that little run in "whole hearted"~ I thought I was so cool 8) :D And I didn't even know the rest of the song, but your 8 year-old does....( and I'd already been playing for 7 years at that time!) I can't tell you how completely impressed I am with you and your little girls 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

dragonshade

That girl is amazing. Still love watching her.

Wiley

she is so good   Makes you wonder what she will be like when she is in her 20's ;)

Ferryman

Fantastic!!!! I'm impressed she was so unfazed by the whole experience and just nailed it beautifully. She clearly enjoys being on stage as well, so a real star in the making.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

a budding star-you must be very proud-nice job
btw-the singer nails it too

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

knniggits

Brilliant,just brilliant.  ;D
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

BAG

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on March 22, 2009, 01:22:22 PMFantastic!!!! I'm impressed she was so unfazed by the whole experience and just nailed it beautifully. She clearly enjoys being on stage as well, so a real star in the making.

Thanks for all the nice comments folks.
She really did enjoyed performing and can't wait till next time they are at the club so she can do some other songs. I was a bit concerned that the loudest yobbo (that's Australian for "loud idiot") happenned to be at the table right in front and closest to the stage, but she just ignored him and played.

To top off the night for her one of the customers went up to her afterwards and gave her $5
She's now officially a professional muso :D

On the recording side, I was really glad that i took the MBR along to record as the audio from the little digicam was crap, as is to be expected. It allowed me to adjust the final mix on mastering to get a better sound as the original had too much mid and bottom. The compression on mastering also got rid of a lot of background noise.
Just a roadie again.....