Old Skool Guitar

Started by SE, July 05, 2014, 11:50:28 AM

SE

OLDSKOO3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Have,nt posted much lately mainly due the fact that the writing seems to have escaped me for some reason, every thing sounds the same.
Well anyway here goes, a wee name check to some of the many great guitar players on SC and one in particular, the missed and recently departed Wichita.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Tangled Wires

Back with avengence here John, this has a real swagger and is above all a fantastically written and performed song.

I feel the same way at the minute and don't seem to be coming up with much which is inspiring me, but here's hoping that I can produce something on a par with this in the near future.

Love the name checks, and thank you for the mention, I feel slightly not worthy along some of the names there! ;D ;D

Lovely touch in there with the nod to Tony too.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Tangled Wires on July 05, 2014, 12:45:15 PMLove the name checks, and thank you for the mention, I feel slightly not worthy along some of the names there!

I feel the same way.

This is a three-chord anthem with some kick ass playing. Attitude is dripping off this one.

Blooby

Redler

Great rocker, John! Sounds really fresh!! There's always space in my heart for this kind rock'n roll! Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hook

Great rocking track brother, a lot of fun!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

IanR

I really like this.  It really captures the sound you are singing about.

It is also a very good recording.  Nicely recorded and  mixed.

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Gritter

This rocks man. Crunchy, raunchy with a party-on vocal!

Jarle

Great rocker, well played.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

How cool is this !! Fabulous old school rocker John !!

This wouldn't have been misplaced on many a great record from the 70s. TJ would have loved this !!! I know I do !

The viking is proud to be in this great song.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Its my favourite thing too........old school guitar is the new thing, its all the rage again, lets bring it back, great song, vocals are in top form, and your guitars are rocking it the way it should be, a real deal head bobber and toe tapper.  Great solo.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand