Forte8 Blues : The GT version (yes another shot at the ongoing trend )

Started by Geir, March 20, 2009, 08:12:13 PM

Geir

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

You've all really inspired me to take a shot at this lovely blues that's spreading these days. Don't know if I've got so much new to offer, but tried to include some doublestops and harmonized runs (just one guitar tho').
Kept mostly away from the lovely vocals, but couldn't resist to add some fills towards the end ....

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Kody

Hey man, I like it....I like it alot!!  So good to see all these people joining in!!  It's alot of fun hearing everyone's take~
nice playin' 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Davo

Man I love the blues, good job!  Always sounds good after a long week of work.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ferryman

Great job, I love this one. And what a great tone on the guitar! Did you use the MBR or an effects pedal (or even an amp)? Lots of really nice stuff in there. I like a guy that gets his solos high in the mix as well - they really jump out at you (in a very good way!).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Quote from: gtalfsen on March 20, 2009, 08:12:13 PMYou've all really inspired me to take a shot at this lovely blues that's spreading these days.
HALALUYAH BROTHER ;D
I Love this take its got everything a Good Blues Lead should have....and then some 8)...Keep em coming ;)

Bluesberry

Great big guitar dripping with attitude.  Very good stuff.  I really like your hammer-ons, trills big bends and all that, very stylized playing and very blusey sounding.  This one would get the girl in the song for sure, she doesn't stand a chance.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Thanx for the support!!
And Nigel: Only used the MBR !!! What a great piece of equipment !!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 21, 2009, 05:38:00 AMThis one would get the girl in the song for sure, she doesn't stand a chance.

She's already taken!  :D :D :D

Great playing! You've announced yourself on the site well and truly with this one! Fantastic blues feel and attitude. We have so many fabulous blues guitarists on this site it's enough to make your head spin!

Wiley

Oh yes this place is full of blues.  And now we have another one.  Is this stuff catchy?  Great job!

StephenM

getting back to the roots of SC....Geir jammin the blues...very, very good....love it....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner