"Flat Tire" a Hook original for Remote fest

Started by Hook, July 02, 2014, 03:48:21 PM

Hook

Flat Tire
Time:
0:00
Volume:
RemoteFest (banner image missing)

Had flat tire this morning, recorded this using just my iPhone & garageband at the Chevron gas station @ the corner of Kennedy & Lois in Tampa.

Flat Tire
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Excellent first post for this festival. Cool ending.

I don't know if it's just me but your photos always seem to display upside down in my browser (Firefox). I was worried that you'd rolled your car for a minute there. :)

If I load it into the GIMP, it tells me that the EXIF metadata in the file says the image is "rotated".

I'll fix this one but maybe you could try to figure out why your camera does that. Are you holding it upside down when you take the picture? That's understandable if it's a phone since orientation isn't as obvious as it would be with a conventional camera.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

That's odd 64, I did notice they were upside down in the email I sent myself but they looked fine in the extracted file. They also look fine when I pull the site up on my phone. It seems very likely that I could have had the phone upside down. I'll try to be more careful, not sure I know which side is right side. I'm assuming my other post is the same not sure what to do but will try to see if I can fix when I'm at my desktop. Sorry bout that, thanks for listening though!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Yes, the library photos were upside down too but I fixed them.

I think the reason that they sometimes look okay is because the software that you're viewing them in sees the "rotated" EXIF tag and automatically rotates it for display (but doesn't change the actual file). For instance, I noticed that they displayed upside up in the default image viewer in Ubuntu (called "Eye of Gnome"). GIMP detects the "rotated" tag too but instead of automatically rotating it, it asks me if that's what I want to do. Unfortunately, Firefox ignores the EXIF tag, or perhaps doesn't even read it, so the images always appear in whatever orientation they were taken in.

Since they were upside down in your email, you can use that to determine the correct orientation of your phone. Just take a test picture (noting the phone's orientation) and email it to yourself. If it's upside down, take another test picture with the phone turned 180 degrees and email that one to yourself. You should find that it's upside up and you'll know that's the right orientation for your phone when taking pictures.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

bruno

Bloody marvellous - put a huge smile on my face :-) It is a woeful tale, including the library follow up - but absolutely loved the little story, its a very compelling listen with a great ending. Brilliant Bro, ten out of ten - off for another listen. ;D ;D
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

Good one i take it you still didn't make it to the beach after the tyre was changed ....punctured on

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

Truly in the spirit of the fest...in a Chevron

Love it.

Blooby

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann