Slidin' on Home - The Ferryman Way

Started by Ferryman, March 20, 2009, 03:41:55 PM

Geir

Now that's blues m8 !! Did you use the MBR as the only effect? Sound reminds me of what I could get way back when I used a compressor as a boost on my Vox AC50 bass-amp. Sweet sound !!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

dragonshade

Nigel!! Had no idea you could play the blues like that, and a near first attempt. Limited licks....puulleeezz I heard you ripping it there ;)

Also... real to good to hear this, I am assuming that means you are back up to playing near 100%?

Greeny

Well... this is one I would never have guessed in my 'blind taste test'. I had no idea you could do this, Nigel! Serious skills, fella. And that's not cheating with the piano - it's just ingenuity! Everyone must be sick of hearing my voice though, lol. You clearly just have a natural feel for the blues - or are extremely adaptable. Either way, to say I'm impressed is an understatement!  :)

dragonshade

Actually Greeny the more I hear them (and it has been a lot), the more and more I love them.

Ferryman

Thanks all for more kind words!

forte8 and aswhad, thanks for that feedback. I think I should definitely learn a bit more about scales and modes so I can develop a bit more along this style. With the right song, it's great fun.

gtalfsen - this is just the guitar and MBR. That's what I love about this thing - just plug a guitar in and away you go. No need to get loads of gear out. The rhythm part was an unedited effect (Big Strum I think), while the lead was a fairly heavily edited Cmp Lead. But it sounds great with the Tele to my ear.

Dragonshade - I can't really play the blues, I can play a few runs based around the pentatonic scale. I pretty much used up everything I know in these few bars, so if I did another it would be mighty repetitive. But everyone seems to like the sound and feel, so this has encouraged me to start learning more.

The hand is about 90% there, thanks for asking. I found the rhythm part a real killer as barre chords are still quite painful.

And Greeny - thanks for adding the vox here. I really felt I could have a go at something that was a "song". You gave us all a real emotive track to work with and it;s been great to hear all the different interpretations. I'm singing this one to myself all the time at the moment!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony H

Sounds great to me. No appoligies required. I think all would agree!

Keep on blues'ing man!
Tony

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

This is smokin Nigel! Some serious skills displayed in this track, I have to ask about the drums, I know you just got your pad, what did you use/play here. Stellar performance, wicked playing, and super vocal Greeny!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Facemask93

Oh how good is this , you tickle those ivories something special Nigel , wish i could play a fraction of this quality , well done guys , good vox Tim

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Nelson

This is a nice piece of work guys.
Nigel that was clever pulling the piano out for the solo.
You may not be a blues man but Greeny has it spot on.
You seem to be very adaptable. There's some cool guitar work here.
I love the fullness of the mix

When the song started, I thought... that voice sounds familiar.

Go Greeny
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

j.g.

I have always respected your guitar playing and vox, but didn't realise you had such a touch on the keys!!
Well done to both of you. Thoroughly enjoyable listen.
Great to listen to some class playing and as always, great vox,
Geoff