The Killing

Started by allysonmarie, June 26, 2014, 07:30:45 PM

allysonmarie

Feb 20 2014 6 The Killing Final
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just another poem. This recording is a few months old now that I remembered. I realize it could use a lot more going on with the melody & the piano is pathetic, but I wanted to get the idea down somehow as I was very short on time. 

I'm all bleeding flesh right now.
A fresh swell overwhelms the
Bit of room here left to breathe.

Make sure to cut your voice down.
Words must have the rounded edge.
The awful power others have toward me
Is recognized.

It could take any instance they choose
To end my life.
Even though I am the one to which
My throat I've held the knife.

Be with me, for once.
Be quiet.
Be nice.

Hook

In my humble opinion Allyson, there is no "just another poem" with you! They are all very powerful and emotional & I've yet to read lyrics from you that haven't moved or touched me in some way. This is a very strong song, sung passionately & I enjoyed it!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Jarle

I have to agree with Hook, your poems are powerful and touching. Keep them coming.
recorder
Boss BR-800

allysonmarie

Quote from: Hook on June 28, 2014, 05:58:44 AMIn my humble opinion Allyson, there is no "just another poem" with you! They are all very powerful and emotional & I've yet to read lyrics from you that haven't moved or touched me in some way. This is a very strong song, sung passionately & I enjoyed it!
Rock On!

I'm a little embarrassed whenever I post a song, because I worry it may come across as overdone/too emotional or outright confusing. It means very much to know others can connect with them somehow, especially other musicians here I admire. Thank you so much for your time.   

Groundy

Hey Allyson, I am also with Hook, your work is so powerful,
great voice, not to forget the Piano playing.....
Well done to you...............

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

thetworegs

Powerful lyrics that definately put across the emotion ....Bravo!! Keep em coming!!

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Speed Demon

Very nice vocal and keys. This song creates a strong emotional connection. Excellent story telling.

On the iPod.

Well done.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

andy casson

Heartfelt and moving, loved the playing and you have a really great voice! The phrasing is clever and the lyrics might be heavy, but worked with the piano arrangement perfectly...and in the end (for me) that's what makes a great song
Loved it

Andy

SwanSong

Very expressive singing . and dramatic lyric.s u have the right blend
of vocals for all your poetry .well done maestro..keep singing NEIL.!