Just a heartfelt shoutout to this community!!

Started by mr2kewl, March 20, 2009, 10:49:55 AM

mr2kewl

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

hey all,

i just wanted to give everyone here a shout out for all of your encouragement and comments that have lead me to doing something that i have wanted to do for many, many years, and that is make music that is of my own creation.

friday of last week, i created a Sound Click website for the 'Mr2Cool Quartet' and put 'What the Doctor Ordered' out as their  ;) first release. it debuted at 60 of 5100 plus songs in the smooth jazz genre and in a week's time is now sitting at 30 in the charts.

http://www.soundclick.com/genres/charts.cfm?genre=Jazz&genreid=2&showonly=0&orderCharts=1&advstate=0&advcountry=0&advvip=0&advfeatured=0&advsigned=2&subgenreid=118&currentPage=2

i only point this out, not because i'm looking for attention, but to say thank you for the camaraderie and support that everyone has shown me. without that, i would have never gotten to this on my own. plus, i am truly amazed that it is climbing in the charts.

i apologize for my absence of late. the healthcare business that i'm in is going through a governmental inspection period and has occupied my focus away from making music for the moment.

tony - excellent 'Jazz' cut - of course that comes from a slightly biased ear.  :D

and... nigel. i think that deep down, you really like 'Jazz'  ;) in my best Darth Vader voice; "Nigel, come to the Jazz side!" LMSAO!!

i'm out of here for a week at sea on a cruise as of today.

thank you to this family that i have been accepted into. i'll take some pics and post them when i come back.

tie
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Greeny

Have a great cruise! Hope the sea is calm and the sun shines. Just sent you a friend request on Soundclick  :)

Bluesberry

Good stuff 2cool.  You are a multi talented dude with a lot of imagination.  I am glad that music is taking a larger focus on your life.  Stories like this really inspire me to keep plugging away at my own musical trip.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Quote from: mr2cool on March 20, 2009, 10:49:55 AMi just wanted to give everyone here a shout out for all of your encouragement and comments that have lead me to doing something that i have wanted to do for many, many years, and that is make music that is of my own creation.

friday of last week, i created a Sound Click website for the 'Mr2Cool Quartet' and put 'What the Doctor Ordered' out as their  ;) first release. it debuted at 60 of 5100 plus songs in the smooth jazz genre and in a week's time is now sitting at 30 in the charts.

i only point this out, not because i'm looking for attention, but to say thank you for the camaraderie and support that everyone has shown me. without that, i would have never gotten to this on my own. plus, i am truly amazed that it is climbing in the charts.

I know just what you mean, and many congrats on doing well on Soundclick! That's great news - it's endorsement of what we all think. This site has been a great inspiration to me as well.

Quote from: mr2cool on March 20, 2009, 10:49:55 AMand... nigel. i think that deep down, you really like 'Jazz'  ;) in my best Darth Vader voice; "Nigel, come to the Jazz side!" LMSAO!!
Well, stranger things have happened. I am typing this as my first EVER blues track exports to mp3. Yes, that's it, I had a go at playing the blues, something I've never done in 30 years of playing guitar. I just thought I would enter into the spirit of the blues backers here and have a go. So who knows, perhaps jazz one day......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Well done my friend, just listened to your track on SoundClick it is 2 cool. Just like yourself I,ve always wanted an outlet for my music and this site has given me that.
One day I,ll post on SoundClick when I think I,m good enough.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

Quote from: side effect on March 20, 2009, 06:53:19 PMWell done my friend, just listened to your track on SoundClick it is 2 cool. Just like yourself I,ve always wanted an outlet for my music and this site has given me that.
One day I,ll post on SoundClick when I think I,m good enough.

Eh? You're good enough. No question about that.  :)