Still remix

Started by BillW, June 22, 2014, 11:38:11 PM

Hook

Wow, what a great tune, I definitely get the Acoustic alchemy reference.It would also fit nicely in an old Charlie Brown cartoon. Love those guitar licks & that organ but the bass! If it's not a real double than what is it. I'm a big fan of thumbjams double bass but that's not TJ's. I enjoyed it very much!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

BillW

I am glad you enjoyed it Hook.   Re the bass... I am using the logic 10 daw but the bass is actually from the  garage band library, a standard instrument called "upright jazz bass". 
"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

Blooby

Oh, that was a great listen. I, too, am dumbfounded over that bass tone. Really well constructed tune with great production (a good B3 sound as well). Keep 'em coming.

Blooby

Bluesberry

This is really great stuff, all the instrumentation is great, but my mind hangs on the guitar the most, the backing guitar, and then that beautiful lead guitar.  Very nicely recorded (and played).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BillW

Thank you Bluesberry.  Glad you liked it.
"The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds." 
~ Dalai Lama

Jarle

Lovely tune. Great arrangement, I like the contrast between the soft guitar and the distorted organ.
recorder
Boss BR-800

BillW

Thanks Jarle. The guitar and organ definitely contrast.  I worried a bit that the organ's distortion was a bit too gritty for the piece, but it serms to have worked out.  I would like to work up something else with these instruments.
~ Dalai Lama