To the Rose

Started by allysonmarie, June 21, 2014, 08:44:26 PM

allysonmarie

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

This song was one I wrote in a different way than I usually approach poems/lyrics. The music is a little thin I guess, but it's just what I felt went best with what was in mind.

You, too?
Yes, you as well...
I did not want to have to accept.
When I thought you and I were "the others".
I never thought you would fall in line.
To unfold with such beauty and life.

Oh no -- we are nothing alike.
Sweet rose, we are nothing alike.
This world wants you. This world loves you,
This world, so in need of your kind...

You are with inner light so untouched by
The night I know far too well.
I, the shadow so entrusted to hell.
Not like you. Not like anyone else.
You could never lose yourself
As I did.

No, sweet rose.
You will live.

Redler

Really fine lyric!! The composition (melody) is captivating and you perform your song very well! Nice job again!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Wonderful song as ever, and you deliver such a big sound with just your voice and the piano.

I do like the piano motif and also the very poignant lyrics.

I love the song just as it is but can hear in my head an orchestral type backing which, in my opinion, could take it to even greater heights

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Beautiful, haunting, tragic - you have such a great talent xx
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Jarle

Great performance as usual. I love the lyrics.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

The lyrics very much connect with me, I really like this song alot. As always your performance is powerful and captivating; & your lyrics are always excellent...well done!
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

allysonmarie

Quote from: Tangled Wires on June 22, 2014, 02:15:19 AMI love the song just as it is but can hear in my head an orchestral type backing which, in my opinion, could take it to even greater heights

I think about that a lot with some of what I've work on. At times I really wish I could fully bring out how I image a piece sounding, yet with my limited skill I have to settle and save those thoughts for the future. Thank you for taking a listen. I'm grateful for your feedback.   

Johnbee

Man, I LOVE the song!  I really do.  And the music and arrangement are fine.  It's just that the recording is so lo fi!
It sounds like it was recorded in mono with the piano overly compressed in the background.  I'd love to hear this recorded on better gear.  Sorry to nit.  It's just the recording doesn't do such a fine song justice.

:)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Groundy

Beautiful Allysonmarrie, just beautiful....
I love your voice............

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

allysonmarie

Quote from: Johnbee on June 29, 2014, 07:11:22 PMMan, I LOVE the song!  I really do.  And the music and arrangement are fine.  It's just that the recording is so lo fi!
It sounds like it was recorded in mono with the piano overly compressed in the background.  I'd love to hear this recorded on better gear.  Sorry to nit.  It's just the recording doesn't do such a fine song justice.

:)

I know, it bothers me as well, but I am working on a better recording situation and hope to have better results along with it. Thanks for taking a listen, Johnbee.

Quote from: groundy on June 29, 2014, 11:27:32 PMBeautiful Allysonmarrie, just beautiful....
I love your voice............
Alex

Very kind of you to say. Thank you, Alex.