Lads night out - for Facemask

Started by A K, June 20, 2014, 02:55:38 PM

A K

Lads night out
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi,

Robbie has not been very well lately (I will do a separate post elsewhere on this site to let you know what has been happening), and asked if I had a song that reflected his circumstances.

Instead of a poignant song, I decided he needed cheering up. As it is "football world cup" season, I thought this song was more appropriate. Robbie loves football, and he is an avid Aston Villa supporter. His phone always used to sound with the latest score updates as we played guitar.

This song is about my bachelor days, when I first came to England and shared a house with 3 other lads. Our success rate of pulling birds was hilariously unsuccessful (Spike's chat-up line: "Excuse me, is that your handbag - as my mate here cant find his"). Robbie recorded the song a few years ago on the micro-BR, and last Saturday I resurrected the mp3 and added some extras. I played it to him last night, and I could see the spark in his eyes returning.

Here's to Robbie. Enjoy.

Rob:  vocals, lead and power-chord guitar
AK:    bass and tremolo guitar
MBR:  drums

Tangled Wires

A damn catchy little one this, and love and can relate to the subject matter too. ;D ;D

Musically it's got a bit of a Door's vibe and especially like the parts where the bass and tremolo guitars kick it.

Wishing you all the best Rob!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

A nice, tight little rocker you have here. Sounds like a subject near and dear to both your hearts, and it also sounds like you guys had a blast making it - I know I enjoyed listening to it.

Great collab, guys. Rob, I hope you're feeling better soon!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Bluesberry

Excellent song guys, reminds me of a very early ACDC song, a left over from the first album perhaps.  Keep your spirits up Rob, we are thinking about you.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Great rockin' tune and excellent vocals. I love the sound of that lead guitar too. Nice work guys.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

great song  and good to hear rob in fine voice.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

Real good rockin stuff!! Simple and catchy! Agree with James...I love Rob's voice! Nice job, guys!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SwanSong

Simply marvelous. nice write up . enjoyed all
the way through great song cheers NEIL

Jarle

Great song, well done both of you.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Really nice, groovalicious little rocker you got. This is one they should play little snippets of in the stadium uring the games.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely