GAS and the levels of peace in the home.

Started by peterp, June 16, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

Flash Harry

Quote from: IanR on June 23, 2014, 05:39:01 AMFlash,

I'll be quiet if you tell me if the Squier was a good buy for someone like me who needs a cheap bass for the studio.  I have not played a bass before. 

cheers,

Ian

I have since bought a Squier 1970's re-issue Jazz second hand. It's fantastic. If it was the only bass I could have, I'd be happy. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

IanR

I ended up getting a Squier Jaguar Short Scale Bass. It looks pretty and sounds good too!  It was on sale for AU$229, which is a good price.  I've had it for 1 day, so not enough time to record anything yet but I have plans.........

http://www.fender.com/en-AU/squier/series/vintage-modified/vintage-modified-jaguar-bass-special-ss-rosewood-fingerboard-black/

I got the black one.

cheers,

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

AndyR

Cool looking geetar, Ian (especially in black :D)

I don't really go for Fender's "offset" body shapes on 6-strings... but it seems it's different with basses... I've seen that one a few times now and thought "ooo!"
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

thetworegs

Quote from: Flash Harry on June 23, 2014, 03:59:56 PMI have since bought a Squier 1970's re-issue Jazz second hand. It's fantastic. If it was the only bass I could have, I'd be happy.

you don't want the G.A.S brake to see that quote Flash or you will really come to a stop

If Life is a dream then use your imagination