GAS and the levels of peace in the home.

Started by peterp, June 16, 2014, 10:51:04 PM

peterp

For a long while I thought I had acquired all the kit I needed/wanted. Wife was mostly happy, defcon 4.

Recently I mentioned that a Classic Vibe Telecaster might just be the thing to keep close by the TV (only for a rocksmith controller of course, not to noodle on while she watches her shows).  Wife not so happy, defcon 3.

Then I started looking (bidding) at an old Fender champion lap steel, wife noticed and is really not happy, defcon 2.
I did not win. so defcon back to 3, with her at the just not so happy state.

I let slip that the lap steel was still bugging me and maybe a Gretsch lap steel might do, defcon 2.

And she is catching on to my plot to acquire a PA system. I may not survive the first preemptive strike, defcon 1.

Did I mention I found a Line 6 DL4 delay modeler I sort of bid on?

I am now building a new shed outside, I may soon be living in it, (or under it)!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Geir

I love these true life stories that I can relate to :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

taffsdad

Love it and relate to it....my wife steers me away from Charity shops.....books, Cameras, speakers anything that looks interesting...the list is endless......dosnt have to be high end gear if I can plug it into a computer or amp and make it do something Im happy...Im not sure what def con Im at but she is constantly threatening to Murderate ME...
Be Kind Rewind

peterp

Yes, situation may have been made worse by my recently bidding on (and winning) another camera and lens too.

She keeps going on and on about not spending because I am getting very close to retirement, and living on that little fixed income that comes along with it.

I am figuring acquire what I can now, before that happens.
Afterwards I can just sit on top of my pile of stuff and growl at anyone that gets close!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Blooby

Quote from: peterp on June 17, 2014, 08:15:28 AMI am figuring acquire what I can now, before that happens.
Afterwards I can just sit on top of my pile of stuff and growl at anyone that gets close!

I enjoyed the visual.  Struck a tad close to home.

Blooby

taffsdad

she keeps telling me no more guitars.....that one was easy I just used an old bench out of the garden....it had fallen to pieces but I kept some of the wood because I said to my self it will come in handy....it did its now a guitar, with two strings, a brass hinge, a bolt a couple of old paintings and it actually plays...have already got plans for my next one
Be Kind Rewind

peterp

taffsdad,
that reminded me of the opening to the "It Might Get Loud" movie, where Jack White is hammering together some wood to make a string instrument!

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

taffsdad

Quote from: peterp on June 17, 2014, 10:07:36 PMtaffsdad,
that reminded me of the opening to the "It Might Get Loud" movie, where Jack White is hammering together some wood to make a string instrument!
excellent Ive seen the clip on You Tube someone told me it was from a movie...then I forgot the name of the movie, and now have found it again...Ill have to watch it..........havnt actually posted an image on the forum as yet so this is my first attempt, the last time I pressed a button to see what it did I put a song from Reverbnation up...and didn't even know about it till I got a few comments saying they liked my song,,,I couldn't for the life of me remember singing it..lol...I digress any here is said guitar leaning against what is now a potting table and used to be our garden bench....

Be Kind Rewind

taffsdad

Peter nearly got it right that's the guitar but not the bench.....ps I thought the actual photo would appear under the comment.....I am a conceptual Artist but somehow a link cut the mustard....pps thwere are an awful lot of buttons to press above...... if that has turned red Ill eat my Hat lol
Be Kind Rewind

taffsdad

guess what Im having for breakfast......
Be Kind Rewind