4-4-3-2 (Good Nutrition's Up To You)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
4-4-3-2
©1980 Ted Johnson
Dad's Guitar: Ted
Recorded/Mixed/Mastered: Micro BR

Before I put my father's nylon string guitar away I thought I'd record 4-4-3-2, an instrumental I wrote forever ago. The title comes from 1970's nutritional propaganda Mulligan Stew, which intruded upon Saturday morning consumption of cartoons.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulligan_Stew_%28TV_series%29The show was noted for the key phrase "4-4-3-2" that was often invoked to refer to the USDA's then-recommended number of daily servings of the "Four Food Groups" — "fruits and vegetables," "breads and cereals," "milk or cheese," and "meat, fish or fowl."

When my band, The Nutrients, got started we thought we might count off all of our songs with 4-4-3-2 Good Nutrition's Up To You!, but the idea never caught on.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Redler

I'm on the second listening... Really beautiful composition. Loved your playing with all those brilliant nyances! I wish this would have been a bit longer...it's third listening already :). Excellent!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Great acoustic sound and well played to, got to agree all too short.
recorder
Boss BR-80

T.C. Elliott

I completely agree. It is well played and it sounds great.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

don't put your father's nylon string away.... ever! beautiful ted.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: oldrottenheaddon't put your father's nylon string away.... ever!

I'm afraid I don't have a whole lot of nylon in me. I've composed and/or learned three songs for nylon. They're all short, and they're all hard to play (for me). If you want to be longer, I'm flattered, but you'll have to click the "Repeat" button.

I miss brutishly strumming like a fool on my steel string.

But I have one more original for nylon that I never quite finished out. It's called "Blew my Fusion" and it's kind of a prog thing.

I'll think about it...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Johnny Robbo

Superb playing & a lovely piece... would have loved it twice as much if it were twice as long though :)
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Bluesberry

Really sounds good, you are a real talent on that fingerstyle.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rata-tat-tat

I'm diggin it Ted... I love the expression you are able to bring out in this piece... not an easy thing to get right for me. Bravo my friend.... :o :o :o

Tod
recorder
Tascam DP-02