World Cup 2014

Started by Tangled Wires, June 08, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

Tangled Wires

Any bets on an Argentina v Brazil final, or will Neymar's absence open the door for the Germans?

Thought Belgium could have asked some more questions of Argentina if they had been more adventurous.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Its good they have goal line technology now but i think they need a tv replay for diving, playacting. if the ref is unsure he should have the option of checking a tv replay. it would soon embarass and stop all the nonsense that really spoils the game.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

danieldesete

Quote from: Mike_S on July 05, 2014, 02:34:40 PMIts good they have goal line technology now but i think they need a tv replay for diving, playacting. if the ref is unsure he should have the option of checking a tv replay. it would soon embarass and stop all the nonsense that really spoils the game.
and off side technology when a goal is scored
hou hou ha ha

Tangled Wires

The only slight blight on this wonderful World Cup to date has been the playacting and players reacting like their heads have been blown off after being tripped up, and yes FIFA do need to take action against this in my opinion.

However, the biggest bug bear for me is players (and managers in some instances) waving imaginary cards to the ref in an attempt to  get an opposition player booked or sent off.

For me, any player doing that should get a yellow card straight away, and that should help eradicate it.

For all of England faults, they did not resort to any of that, although perhaps that is one of the reasons we are long gone from the tournament...honesty doesn't pay maybe?

Despite all the this, it hasn't ruined the spectacle of surely what will go down as one of the greatest World Cup's ever.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

fenderbender

Have to agree with everyone above
One of the best World Cups so far
at times the reffing has been a iffy -but I suppose that was from trying to keep the game moving along
I tell you tho' it has shown up a lot of over rated and over paid players.

Germany in the final against ??????????

==============
the team of the tournament has to be  USA without a doubt.
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Oldrottenhead

wow i was in the pub watching it, it was one nil to germany i went for a pee came back and it was 4 nil wtf,
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

What a match -it was a rout

Netherlands Vs Germany in the final
Netherlands to win 2-1 ;D ;D ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Hilary

Quote from: Hilary on June 21, 2014, 02:47:00 AMMy son's friend said (last week) - I'm going to support England till they get knocked out and then support Brazil . . .

Oh dear . . . I wonder who he's going to support in the final - I'll find out and then bet against them :D
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça