Cabin Fever or Gear Acquisition Syndrome?

Started by Blooby, March 19, 2009, 07:31:13 AM

Blooby

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on March 20, 2009, 11:57:06 AMWith an MBR, Kaossilator, Micro Korg and a floppy haircut and you can. Or at least a dour expression and a German accent.

Cheers,

Nigel

How do you know about my substandard haircut?

Blooby

SE

Hope your mother gets better did,nt know what a Kassilator was but checked it out on u tube and now I want one will have to melt my credit card.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Quote from: Blooby on March 20, 2009, 01:22:05 PMHow do you know about my substandard haircut?

Didn't you know? It's all over the Internet.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

guitarron

how would it be used?
quote from musicians friend

"The KAOSSILATOR Dynamic Phrase Synthesizer is a pocket-sized musical instrument that matches a KAOSS touchpad interface with 100 of Korg's world-renowned synth sounds and innovative performance features. You can instantly play musical phrases simply by tapping or sliding your finger across the KAOSSILATOR's touchpad—no previous skills required."

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Nigel, that track is ridiculously fun and very nicely mixed in the majority of spots.  It's so in your face.  Kudos.

Now I pose the question: what have I gotten myself into with this Kaossilator?

It had eradicated my cabin fever to be sure.  I find myself often looping a low drone and playing the flute sound over it with one of the raga scale settings.  Very meditative. 

Again, nice track.

Blooby

Ferryman

It's great, you can just get a nice ambient loop going and doodle away to your heart's content. I've had a couple of hours slip by when I was supposedly looking for "serious" sounds to incoporate into songs and just ended up making wacky noises.

Check out the Yellow Album on Reverbnation - all done entirely with Kaossilator.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Quote from: Greeny on March 20, 2009, 10:11:01 AMI really want to do a Kraftwerk / Gary Numan / Heaven 17 'electronic' album....

You never said.

Spooky stuff Tim. The similarity strikes again
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Greeny

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 21, 2009, 05:25:10 PM
Quote from: Greeny on March 20, 2009, 10:11:01 AMI really want to do a Kraftwerk / Gary Numan / Heaven 17 'electronic' album....

You never said.

Spooky stuff Tim. The similarity strikes again

Let's do it!!!!  :)

guitarron

so it's kind of a arpegiator-looper -i see
thanks a lot-now i want one -lol
btw-nice track nigel

does it have midi in/out on it?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR