Hooks got more drums

Started by Hook, May 26, 2014, 07:24:01 AM

Hook

Well I'm pretty sure my wife wont be leaving me home alone again. Saw this cheapo kit on craigslist & with a trade of my Fostex MR8 (don't use anymore) & a little cash (I do use that) I now have this.

It's an Ion Pro Sessions kit, not exactly mid range quality but it's not First Act either. It seems this kit comes standard missing a pad. There are chords for Hi Hat, Ride & crash but it only comes with 2 cymbals so once you set up the kit you have one chord that doesn't get plugged in?? So for the time being I have moved a tom into the ride slot, 2 toms is plenty for my sorry drumming. I had thought I'd plug the YDD60 into the ion kit but it didn't work when I plugged it into the "mix in" input in the brain so I reversed it and plugged the ion into the YDD60 & that seems to work fine. Now I will actually have to figure out how to program the YDD60 & have cymbals & aux percussion stuff to add. Once I get it all programmed I should basically have 15 pieces. Nice little birthday find...until the wife comes home!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Nice setup Mr. H !!

Quote from: Hook on May 26, 2014, 07:24:01 AMNice little birthday find...until the wife comes home!
;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

Nice one hook.
I've been playing about with the idea of buying a set as well but need to off load some gear as well.
Too much not getting used.
Look forward to hearing it.

Blooby

Quote from: kenny mac on May 26, 2014, 09:01:54 AMI...need to off load some gear...

This is a concept with which I have great difficulty. Yes, I am a whore. Congrats, Hook.

Blooby

Tangled Wires

Looks good and I think you will be well impressed with the sound quality that these electronic kits generate and the variety they can add to a song,

Looking  forward to hearing your first song featuring them.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Off load gear? WTF

Has Elias Canetti taught us nothing?

I bought my kit on my wife's credit card. She did go a bit nuts. But hey, I have a drum kit.

Nice set up hook. Beat those pans.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Hook's got more drums than you can shake a stick at!

Wait. That doesn't sound right. Maybe you can.

Beat on! (That doesn't sound right either.)  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

I'm afraid for your safety when she comes home. I'd be nervous if I were you. Looks great, I wanna do something like that, too. But can't drum for my life, so I don't really know why.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Quote from: Flash Harry on May 26, 2014, 02:29:35 PMI bought my kit on my wife's credit card. She did go a bit nuts. But hey, I have a drum kit.

You are my hero.

By the way, that was one of the most well-worded three sentences I've seen strung together on this site in a while. It had intrigue, a bit of high drama, and a punchline in the resolution.

Gnasty

Congrats!! I hope your wife doesn`t grab your sticks and use your head as the missing pad.  :D

Drum it up!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity